Why is the Incredible better than the Droid?

solorca

Reaction score
I traded in my Droid for an Incredible the day that it came out, and I have been extremely impressed with it. With my Droid, the biggest issue that I had was phone quality. It was horrendous and I routinely had to hear complaints from the people I was talking to, who couldn't hear me. The Incredible actually shows less bars, but the phone quality and performance (for me) is like night and day compared to the Droid.

The other things that really stand out for me is the speed. The transition between screens, programs, etc. was mind-blowing when coming from the Droid, and I've yet to have any issue. Even when overclocked to 1ghz or higher on my Droid, it was routinely laggy for me.

Akrian

Reaction score
Well thank you guys.
I went to Verizon today, and parked myself there for about 20-30 minutes, at droid/incredible stand ( he he, didn't let anyone touch them till I was done ooooo evil me).
Anyway, after playing long enough with both, I found that phys. qwerty wasn't all that greaty after my initial experience with it, and I made even more errors typing words, then I did while using on-screen incredible qwerty.
sooo given all that ups and downs, I decided to go with incredible, since it will eventually be rooooooted ( hopefuly), and then it will be all together better then current "king" droid.
Now the only thing left is to wait till it arrives X_X

Googleaddict

Reaction score
There will ALWAYS be bigger and better phones, tv's, computers, ect. coming out ALL the time. I think its pretty good that the droid is 7 months old and its still one of the best smartphones

him

Reaction score
I had my Droid for about 5 months (got it launch week), and I've now had my Incredible for about 1.5 months (got it on launch day). So far, I actually think HTC's build quality on the Incredible is better than Motorola's on the Droid. I will have to see if the Incredible stands the test of time though. There were a few quantifiable negatives about the build quality of my Droids (I went through two) for me that are (so far) not present in the Incredible.

The Droid may feel heavier and is wrapped in metal, but I wouldn't equate that to having a better build quality.

Ill have to disagree with you on that one. Things made of metal tend to be a lot sturdier than those made of plastic. What about the droid didnt seem strudy to you. Other than the battery door which was fixed my droid is rock solid. Performance wise inc tops but buiild wise i have to go droid.

Akrian

Reaction score
while that is true, some tech/phones/cpu's/vid. cards/pc's in general will have by far shorter lifespan on the market, and thus shorter lifespan of official support and community support just because it was a failed product.

WhatAboutBob

Reaction score
Does your wife have anything like a protective cover? My wife had one that coverd the mic. I gave her my bodyglove and it solved that problem. Just a thought.

Yes she does, that's why I was thinking of having her try a bt headset...

korp

Reaction score
There will ALWAYS be bigger and better phones, tv's, computers, ect. coming out ALL the time. I think its pretty good that the droid is 7 months old and its still one of the best smartphones
Yup .... I agree it's almost unheard of.