Why is the Incredible better than the Droid?

Akrian

Reaction score
is the aps and screen changes ( from one to another I mean) go as smooth as with inc. with froyo?

him

Reaction score
To be honest the only time i use my droid keyboard is when im installing a rom and have to type in my google password. This would have been fine without a keyboard. The incrediable is very plasitcy feeling. The droid when i held it felt durable and sturdy which is one of the things that turned me on to the iphone. If i would have held the incredible to the iphone i would probably still have the iphone. I just feel like i can drop my droid and not working about it cracking only denting.

gatorbait

Reaction score
I had my Droid for about 5 months (got it launch week), and I've now had my Incredible for about 1.5 months (got it on launch day). So far, I actually think HTC's build quality on the Incredible is better than Motorola's on the Droid. I will have to see if the Incredible stands the test of time though. There were a few quantifiable negatives about the build quality of my Droids (I went through two) for me that are (so far) not present in the Incredible.

The Droid may feel heavier and is wrapped in metal, but I wouldn't equate that to having a better build quality.

Jmart922

Reaction score
Personally if your comparing stock Droid to D. Incredible then I would choose the incredible, however if I was planning on rooting, the Droid is hands down the better experience, I've played with the incredible more then enough, it grows old compared to my trusty old Droid

WhatAboutBob

Reaction score
How is voice over both the MotoD and Inc? My wife is having issues talking on her MotoD - she's had the phone about a week. The caller on the other end is cannot hear her, but she can hear them. She sounds a bit canny somethimes. Is there issues with Vz and MotoD for voice quality and connections? She's coming from a Moto flip phone that we've had for a couple of years. We've been on Vz for 10+ years. She's familiar where the other phone would lose coverage. The new one appears to be dropping or having connection issue much more. Is there any tweaking that needs to be done to improve voice coverage or is the nature of the beast - data first - voice not a priority???

Is it a tower connection issue? Will a bluetooth headset or wired headset improve voice? We're a week into the 30 day trial for her phone.

How's the Inc as a voice phone? Mine is still on order with Vz, still investigating / debating MotoD vs Inc...

Akrian

Reaction score
Well the basic question is still this : If i root the droid, are my chances hight in getting it to stable 1.0-1.1 ghz ?
Cause after reading the forums it all boils down to
a) Incredible has better camera ( which I don't need)
b) physical keyboard ( which I think I still would like to have)
c) Incredible is faster. BUT when Moto is rooted, overclocked and put on froyo 2.2, it's actually even faster then incredible.
Given the fact that Nexus One can't be overclocked to great, and knowing that it has same snapdragon that incredible has, I can assume that incredible won't be able to go far past 1.1 ghz eather.

so can someone asnwer me :
1. Are droids for the most part stable at 1.0-1.1 ghz?
2. does the difference in RAM ( 512/256) is noticible ?

I would really appreciate the help guys.

Akrian

Reaction score
Oh, also another question : which has better 3d aps support?

cpjr

Reaction score
so can someone asnwer me :
1. Are droids for the most part stable at 1.0-1.1 ghz?
2. does the difference in RAM ( 512/256) is noticible ?

I would really appreciate the help guys.

1. My droid has been running @ 1.0ghz constant for weeks, no problems at all. I get crashing with 1.1
2. I have both the droid and incredible, and RAM doesnt usually become a factor on the droid, every now and then I can run low....but its usually when Ive been app whoring or havent rebooted in a while.

korp

Reaction score
Not if you want a physical keyboard. The Incredible doesn't have one. On the other hand, many people who purchased the Droid in part because of its physical keyboard (myself included) never use it.
I personally use my slideout all the time and love it. The Incredible straight up has better hardware than the Droid .... it's like 6 months newer so that shouldn't be a surprise.

The Droid 2 or Xtreme, will be better than the Incredible because it's hardware will be even better .... it's just the way things go the same as it does on computers.

The Droid has really been the flagship phone for Android because before it was released, Android wasn't in the equation .... it was iPhone or Blackberry. You don't see a Blackberry 8703e or many other older models being promoted for Blackberry do you? Nope because they keep releasing better phones.

Five-0

Reaction score
How is voice over both the MotoD and Inc? My wife is having issues talking on her MotoD - she's had the phone about a week. The caller on the other end is cannot hear her, but she can hear them. She sounds a bit canny somethimes. Is there issues with Vz and MotoD for voice quality and connections? She's coming from a Moto flip phone that we've had for a couple of years. We've been on Vz for 10+ years. She's familiar where the other phone would lose coverage. The new one appears to be dropping or having connection issue much more. Is there any tweaking that needs to be done to improve voice coverage or is the nature of the beast - data first - voice not a priority???

Is it a tower connection issue? Will a bluetooth headset or wired headset improve voice? We're a week into the 30 day trial for her phone.

How's the Inc as a voice phone? Mine is still on order with Vz, still investigating / debating MotoD vs Inc...

Does your wife have anything like a protective cover? My wife had one that coverd the mic. I gave her my bodyglove and it solved that problem. Just a thought.