Who's wait?

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
Well since I just had to get a refurb...was wondering who is waiting for sbf b4 they root? I think I am just incase something happens and I need a new phone

LT*

Reaction score
I'm wrestling with this right now. I know I can root it with no problems, and I do want to freeze the crapware and make backups etc. I waited 6 months to root my D1. I don't think I can wait that long with this one.

Reaction score
I didn't wait, I never heard or have experienced a case where root has messed up a phone.

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

dazoe

Reaction score
rooting doesn't/hasn't messed up the droid 3. it's what people do with root that causes the problems. i rooted mine and froze alot of apps. if there are apps/apks that i think might cause a problem i use adb to disable them first so if i get an fc loop i can correct it quickly.

OP
Tillyswilly

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
I'm not saying that I'm going to mess it up with root I'm saying if the phone itself messes up like a week or so ago it just quit charging so I had to carry it back

Fr33dom

Reaction score
It is a good idea to wait since you could brick your phone if you aren't careful, although if you do your homework and read about those who've screwed up so far, you are probably safe.

I'm waiting though.

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't believe anyone's screwed up root yet. Especially with One-Two-Three Click root. Honestly my little sister could do that one. The people that didn't get root right however, so far from what I've read is due to not getting SU or ADB right. So I see no reason to wait.. unless you're waiting for a z4root type thing to get on your phone.

pyro6128

Reaction score
Just use the one click, youre not going to mess it up. Like everyone said, rooting is fine. Just don't do stupid things after you've rooted

OP
Tillyswilly

Tillyswilly

Reaction score
No again I'm nit worried about messing it up rooting I had the D2 rooted for over a year with about every rom made for it and tested for a few themes that where in Bata so I'm very comfortable with root.....I'm talking about the phone it's self messing up like when it just stopped charging the other week and I had to send it back this same thing happened to 2 of my D2s and without an sbf I would have been screwed

BenLand150

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
No again I'm nit worried about messing it up rooting I had the D2 rooted for over a year with about every rom made for it and tested for a few themes that where in Bata so I'm very comfortable with root.....I'm talking about the phone it's self messing up like when it just stopped charging the other week and I had to send it back this same thing happened to 2 of my D2s and without an sbf I would have been screwed
Well in that case, while I doubt you'll have any problems, I'd just wait for an sbf to come out if you're that on edge.