Refurbed d3

celtic11

Reaction score
Well my hdmi out on my phone appears to have quit working and I'm thinking of taking the d3 back under warranty. I'm nervous to do so because of reading about people having issues with random reboots and things of that nature. I don't really want a refurb but the hdmi is something I use a lot and was a big deal to me when I bought the phone. So I guess my question is, to those of you who have got a refurb under warranty, how was the condition of the phone and how has the phone worked?

Sent from my DROID3 using DroidForums

OP
celtic11

celtic11

Reaction score
Also, I was considering doing a hard reset before taking the phone into verizon. I want to make sure I'm correct in my thinking that the gmail account and backup restore or whatever it is will save most everything on the phone except for settings? I don't want to lose my apps, and contacts nd things that aren't stored on my sd card.

tambo

Reaction score
I just received a warranty d3. It's a refurb phone, but it looks to be in new condition. I'm sure the internals are used but I think they replace the glass and the outer portions of the phone. Don't quote me on that though. As far as the apps and settings, the only thing that the phone and gmail will resync are apps that you purchased, not free apps. If you wan't to keep those you will have to make a list and go back and redownload or get a backup app like my backup pro. Your contacts will be back on the phone, but the settings and everything else will be gone if they weren't on the sd card.

LT*

Reaction score
For replacing free apps, you can also just use the Web version. All your apps are listed there and you can just push them to your phone from there.

BayouFlyFisher

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Also, I was considering doing a hard reset before taking the phone into verizon. I want to make sure I'm correct in my thinking that the gmail account and backup restore or whatever it is will save most everything on the phone except for settings? I don't want to lose my apps, and contacts nd things that aren't stored on my sd card.

These have gotten pretty painless lately by following these simple steps: 1. Make sure Backup and Restore are checked in the Privacy setting. 2. When going through the setup after the reset, turn on wifi as soon as you can (assuming it is available). 3. After you have entered your Gmail account info, you will be presented with a screen that has two check boxes. Basically they are "Do you want Google to backup and restore this phone”. Make sure you check both of those. Your apps will then automatically reinstall (paid and free). Set the phone aside for a minute or two and let the apps download and install. 3. If rooted, use an app such as titanium backup to restore data only to select apps such as Tapatalk and you will not have to re-enter all your login information. I do this for 3-4 apps (Tapatalk, SPB Shell, etc.).

I've been flashing new roms/updates about once per day lately and I can be up and running with all my apps and settings back in place in less than 20 minutes. It's pretty painless now.