Who prefers the extended battery case and weight to the standard?

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
Been with the extended for 2 weeks now.. obviously it's heavier but it's not "chunky". The weight feels good in my hand. Like I know it's there. Size wise it's fine in my pocket. Not uncomfortable at all.

Renae

Reaction score
I just got the extended last week. Going 20+ hours on a charge is worth any extra added weight. It bothers me sometimes, but most of the time I don't notice it. Extended or not, my not as tech savvy husband still calls it my laptop.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

jayman350

Reaction score
I've been using the extended battery for about a week now. I actually prefer the extra weight and thickness. I always felt like I was going to drop it w/ the regular battery, with the extended battery I feel like I have a much better grip on it.

The only thing that I don't like about it is there is only 1 case that fits the extended battery. I'm hoping that there will be more cases released to accommodate the extended battery. I have a feeling that there will be a lot of people asking for ext battery cases w/ the 50% off sale, and the amount of juice these things burn through.

I have been able to get a full day of use out of it, unplug @ 7am and by 1130pm I'm down to about 15% with a ton of web use, mixed 3G/4G locations, and probably a good 1 to 1.5 hours of games thrown in there.

KBToy007

Reaction score
The extended batt charges on the phone using the stock charger. Stock charger is 1 amp. Most aftermarket wall wart chargers are only 600 to 800 mw. My extended batt completely charges in a few hours on the standard OEM charger and less than overnight on aftermarket.

Sorry for not being clear but what I meant was if the battery dock for bionic's standard battery will also fit/work for extended battery. I have both standard and extended and would like to charge the spare (either one that is not in use) on a dock and use that as primary charging station instead of direct via phone.

monkey_man

Reaction score
I love the extended battery.. it made the phone looked and feel like a tank! It lasts hours even days! It fits well with my phone case, but the phone must be naked. That is the only con that I have :( no case yet that fit extended battery, and also can fit the pouch altogether. This is why I prefer standard and will use extended only for emergency purposes. I can't have a phone naked.... must have a case and pouch altogether :happy:

Covington

Reaction score
I very much prefer the extended battery. When I got my Bionic on release date and the manager showed my the Bionic with the extended battery, I cringed. Then I actually held it and got used to it. Now I only use my standard battery for emergency purposes but that's going to change when I get my natural wood skin :(.

Feel:10/10
Weight:11/10
Look: 9/10
Completely honest.

Dave12308

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I like the size of the inductive charger also but unless you have extra money laying around it's really not worth it.

Not thinking about the coolness of an inductive charger, but from a purely mechanical standpoint wouldn't inductive charging be a good thing over the long run as far as longevity of the microUSB port is concerned? I see alot of people who still have the OG Droid and are experiencing looseness of the USB port at this point.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
I very much prefer the extended battery. When I got my Bionic on release date and the manager showed my the Bionic with the extended battery, I cringed. Then I actually held it and got used to it. Now I only use my standard battery for emergency purposes but that's going to change when I get my natural wood skin :(.

Feel:10/10
Weight:11/10
Look: 9/10
Completely honest.

Hey Cov, you have a link to that natural wood skin? Or Pic?

Thanks!

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
I like the added weight of the extended battery and otterbox, its still light but not feather weight

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just picked it up from Fed-Ex... as people said they require a stupid signature on a $25 product.

It was 25% charged so I have it plugged in. Actually when I opened the case to switch them out the sd card was at an angle so at least I saw to fixing that.

2 minute initial reaction - it's definitely heavier and bigger. I do like the form factor of it being flat now with the camera not dragging on surfaces. I will have to get it fully charged and hold it for a while to see what I really think.

If you can do with a standard battery and get an inductive charger to make this flat I would do it - I like the fact that I'm no longer trying to grab the sloped bottom.

GBAUMS

Reaction score
Are there any measurements that can be found anywhere to compare the thickness to something else?

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
I've been using the extended battery for about a week now. I actually prefer the extra weight and thickness. I always felt like I was going to drop it w/ the regular battery, with the extended battery I feel like I have a much better grip on it.

The only thing that I don't like about it is there is only 1 case that fits the extended battery. I'm hoping that there will be more cases released to accommodate the extended battery. I have a feeling that there will be a lot of people asking for ext battery cases w/ the 50% off sale, and the amount of juice these things burn through.

I have been able to get a full day of use out of it, unplug @ 7am and by 1130pm I'm down to about 15% with a ton of web use, mixed 3G/4G locations, and probably a good 1 to 1.5 hours of games thrown in there.

Agreed 100%. I even made a thread about it awhile ago. With my X2 the standard silicone case worked fine with the extended. I know it's a completely different design but damnit if it's not a shame. I tried looking at past phone's cases and noticed a severe lack of cases that seemed to have been made after extended batteries. Usually the cases that are out at release are the ones that'll stay. We'll see...

Also, I too love the way the extended battery feels. I use it on a daily basis but the stock battery with a silicone case when I go out on weekends/fight aliens.

Last edited:
OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
If you google search the Bionic Extended Battery there are video's comparing it side by side with the standard. However I might note that when you zoom in on both the extended looks exaggerated in how big it really is. Having it here in person it's not really that big.

I think I'll get used to it given a few days.

Also I just put it in the standard dock - fit right in. In fact I think it fits better.

harajyuks

Reaction score
I like the added weight of the extended battery and otterbox, its still light but not feather weight

How did you otterbox write extended battery? You modded that hard shell and cut out the padding in the back? I returned my OB when I got the extended battery, please tell me...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Viktor Vaughn

Reaction score
Love the weight! Always felt like my bionic was little light in the loafers compared to my OG Droid. The extended battery adds much needed weight IMHO.