buying a new battery - mugen extended or stock?

shadowsjc

Reaction score
After getting stuck with no power during Hurricane Sandy (and having my stupid Bionic lose battery when I needed it most), I've decided to get an extra battery. Right now I've got the stock battery. I definitely do not want to get a full extended battery (don't want the extra weight/size).

I can either get an extra stock battery, or a Mugen extended battery. Anyone have any experience with the mugen? It seems very expensive for a minimal increase in capacity.

Also, does anyone use a charging dock that they can recommend (so that I can have one charging while the other one is in use)?

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
The OEM extended battery adds 1/8" and 1 oz to the size and weight, is 700mah more than the slim extended Mugen and costs half the price.

IMG_5972.jpg

That being said, for my money I'd just get an extra stock battery, rather than the Mugen. Heck, you could probably buy a couple for the same price as the Mugen.

jhom

Reaction score
I have an extra stock battery and an extended battery. My preference is taking the stock battery over installing the extended battery. The stock battery is so thin that it is no trouble carrying it. Personally, I don't like the feel of the extended battery on the Bionic. However, when I'm in real need of long battery use, I pack both the extra stock and extended battery. It is nice to have options. I also use the standard Bionic battery charger that attaches to my standard dock. This makes charging the extra batteries easy and convenient.

unbesorgt

Reaction score
I bought a Mugen slim 2000 mAh battery and it gave me a decent increase. Then after about six months, it abruptly died. After that I bought a Moto 2760 mAh on sale for $25 from VZW, and it works a lot better. The increase in size and weight are very minimal over stock. I would recommend it over the Mugen.

OP
S

shadowsjc

Reaction score
Thanks- any tips on a charging dock? Do they all work the same (and is there another version I can get that's cheaper I.e. one made for another type of phone)?