Extended Vs. Standard Battery Form and Weight

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've had the extended now for about a week and do enjoy the fact that it never is close to running out of juice. In fact I don't think I've had it go below 50%.

For kicks today I threw the standard back on (to see if it needed charging, it still ended up with 50% on it after a week of sitting), and I found that it felt much lighter and slimmer.

Has anyone decided to go back to the standard after using the extended? There is a fairly substantial weight difference especially since it's weighted more towards the bottom of the phone.

I find it makes no difference when holding the phone in landscape and playing games but is very noticeable when holding it normally.

georgemovie

Reaction score
check out this video...

[video=youtube;7wXOEjRL5J0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=7wXOEjRL5J0[/video]

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Saw that. I have both. Tempted to go back to standard battery... Can't decide.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

xmguy

Reaction score
I like the profile from the standard battery. The door gives a lip of sorts to grab the phone with. If the door was flat. It would be harder to pull from the pocket. Kinda like the Droid X/X2.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
In the pocket or on the desk it may as well be the extended. In use I'm still debating.