Who prefers the extended battery case and weight to the standard?

McGyver777

Reaction score
Extended all the way.

It feels like the phone named bionic should feel. Heafty, solid, secure, in your hand.

Had mine just one day now. Had to do a complete factory reset for a calendar sync issue that no one could solve. Took it off charger at 7am...got to 15% at 9pm. Extremely heavy use all day...redownloaded a sh&t ton of apps and basically never let it rest all day.

Added bonus the extended back helps keep the camera lens off the deck when you lay it down.

A must have in my book.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Droids

Reaction score
Mine should be here tomorrow and I have both a very accurate scale and a digital micrometer so I'll measure the weight and thickness compared to the OG Droid. I had a good example today where I had to spend most of the day in another building without a charger and watched the battery level drop a lot, just barely made it through the day. I do use the phone/data a lot during a typical day, and that's going to increase for me a bunch in the next month. Looking forward to getting the extended battery.

My first cell phone was the original moto cell phone, not the bag phone but their first 'portable' phone, that white one you see what's his name holding in the picture, and I still have it, think it dates back to the late 80's. I had the standard battery plus 2 extended batteries, chargers at home and at my office, and another in my truck. It's only 'feature' was speed dialing, and it seemed compact and lightweight at the time. It's funny when peeps complain about bulk or weight, the current phones are dual core laptops in your back pocket. :)

atcjeff

Reaction score
Sorry for not being clear but what I meant was if the battery dock for bionic's standard battery will also fit/work for extended battery. I have both standard and extended and would like to charge the spare (either one that is not in use) on a dock and use that as primary charging station instead of direct via phone.

I have the extended battery and it fits fine in the desktop dock. I use it at night as my alarm clock.

GBAUMS

Reaction score
Mine should be here tomorrow and I have both a very accurate scale and a digital micrometer so I'll measure the weight and thickness compared to the OG Droid. I had a good example today where I had to spend most of the day in another building without a charger and watched the battery level drop a lot, just barely made it through the day. I do use the phone/data a lot during a typical day, and that's going to increase for me a bunch in the next month. Looking forward to getting the extended battery.

My first cell phone was the original moto cell phone, not the bag phone but their first 'portable' phone, that white one you see what's his name holding in the picture, and I still have it, think it dates back to the late 80's. I had the standard battery plus 2 extended batteries, chargers at home and at my office, and another in my truck. It's only 'feature' was speed dialing, and it seemed compact and lightweight at the time. It's funny when peeps complain about bulk or weight, the current phones are dual core laptops in your back pocket. :)

I look forward to that. Thanks

GBAUMS

Reaction score
Has anyone found a picture of these side by side? Or if I go to a verizon store will I actually be able to see what one is like on a phone?

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
So far I like the form better. Getting great battery life. It's about as heavy as an htc evo.

Only complaint is its heavy holding it to your ear.

snakeyes

Reaction score
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by KBToy007
Sorry for not being clear but what I meant was if the battery dock for bionic's standard battery will also fit/work for extended battery. I have both standard and extended and would like to charge the spare (either one that is not in use) on a dock and use that as primary charging station instead of direct via phone.
I have the extended battery and it fits fine in the desktop dock. I use it at night as my alarm clock.

No, What he is asking which is what i would like to know as well is does the extended battery fit in the stand alone battery charger that comes with the extra (standard) battery in the Costco bundle?

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
There is no way short of buying a charging dock for me to keep the standard battery charged.

First day using it. 8 Hours in. 74% left. About an hour of phone calls. About 20 min Words with Friends. About 10 texts. Read news, etc.. no massive game playing but a pretty typical day.

Only think that bothers me is weight while talking.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Anyone else with the extended battery hear a creak when you press on the side near the volume buttons?

Droids

Reaction score
Yeah the weight of the OG Droid drove me crazy and I've been liking the Bionic's lighter weight. My battery made an attempted delivery today but sig was required, <sigh>. I'll have it sometime tomorrow and will weigh the combo compared to the old droid. I bought a couple of BT headsets pretty soon after getting the old droid, much too heavy to hold to my ear for more than a couple of minutes.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
You won't really notice the extra weight when you hold it. In fact I prefer the way the back is as opposed to the hard to grip back it came with. However as I've said it's heavier near your ear.

I've already become accustomed to the size and I have to say the battery is lasting forever now. I used to charge it when I could and today I had no need at all.

I could have lived with the smaller battery but at least now when I go out I won't have to worry about running out of juice.

McGyver777

Reaction score
Today makes me almost proud to own this great device.

Hour or two of Netflix / Pandora
Two hours navigation / lattitude
six hours internet / forums / news
Ran four credit cards for business
Listened to zcast music for an hour at least
Watched 1/3 of the movie Taken
Many many phone calls some lasting 30+ minutes. Texts thrown in.

It is now 1:26am...took it off charger yesterday morning at 7am. It hadn't had any juice since 7am yesterday...a hardcore day for me and my Droid.

Battery says 20%!!!
Wow this extended battery is bada$$!

Loving my Bionic! Amazing device!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums with a battery that could run a small city it would seem.

Last edited:
OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah the extended battery rocks.

Just wish it was lighter with no creak near the volume buttons.

Tomorrow I get out the electric tape.

adamwhitehead

Reaction score
I really don't think yall are catching It, so ill point it out... y'all are complaining about a battery/phone weight gain like you are having to carry around a car battery.
Really?!?

Sent from my DROID X2 using DroidForums

Last edited: