Motorola Droid-2 Extended Battery Review. 1860 mAh

moneymatt

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just recieved my Droid 2 Extended Battery from Verizon today-

It was a bit of a crap-shoot because I couldn't find any pictures online... anything of a Seido size or look didn't appeal to me.

The battery is great. It only adds about 2mm of thickness to the unit for a good chunk of battery life.

It still fits in the multimedia dock as well.. Although an extremely snug fit. but it does fit-

It also fits in the Car-Dock, It actually fits better with the extended battery in than without.

Another bonus is the new shape of the phone gives additional grip.

The weight difference is nothing in my book. The droid was already a heavy phone, and I prefer the weight so I can tell if i'm carrying it or not.

I almost think this should be standard on all droids..

really good stuff motorola!

Matt

Saraph

Reaction score
Got a pic? I'd like to see just the battery, then the batter installed in the phone. Thanks!

Bxrider117

Reaction score
I order this battery as well and I received it today. I am going on 8hrs of use with 15% battery life left and when I put it in the phone it only was charged to 70%. I am trying to run it down to 0 and then recharge. Here are some pictures that I loaded on another posting.

Yes the back is blue, but that makes no difference to me. Fits in the car dock but you need to shave down the two railings at the top and bottom that are behind the battery or there will be a lot of pressure on the lip part of you phone. The phone reads the battery percentage correctly as well. Well worth the $50. I just realized that this is the D2 Forums. Sorry, but here are the pics of it on the D1.

Attachments

• IMAG0014.jpg
    IMAG0014.jpg
    669.5 KB · Views: 8,059
  • IMAG0015.jpg
    IMAG0015.jpg
    551.5 KB · Views: 2,993
  • IMAG0016.jpg
    IMAG0016.jpg
    559.5 KB · Views: 3,302
  • IMAG0017.jpg
    IMAG0017.jpg
    484.1 KB · Views: 2,325
OP
M

moneymatt

Reaction score
Got a pic? I'd like to see just the battery, then the batter installed in the phone. Thanks!

Here's how it looks in the Droid-2 with the color matching.

Side-view and Perspective.

Matt

Attachments

• PERSPECTIVE.jpg
    PERSPECTIVE.jpg
    265 KB · Views: 7,581
  • SIDEVIEW.jpg
    SIDEVIEW.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 3,983

NuDroid

Reaction score
Thanks for the review and pics gonna place my order tomorrow ..

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

searayman

Reaction score
any numbers on how much battery life this adds would be great.

Thanks!

Barristro

Reaction score
anyone try to see if this battery and backing would fit on droid 1?

I read in a different forum that it does fit (hooks are in the same positions). But, no first-hand observation on my part to actually confirm.

OP
M

moneymatt

Reaction score
Fits in the car-dock

Just a heads up that the droid-2 fits in the Car Port with the extended battery as well.

It's a better fit than without the extended battery as well..

m

SangYuP

Reaction score
I just got the battery tonight. I'm loving it so far. It doesn't stick out that much and now I can turn up the screen brightness instead of having it all the way dim. I'll have to use it for a few days to see how much difference it makes. Now the hard part of finding a fitted case....