Help! Droid 2 Extended Battery!

billy4

Reaction score
Hi
i just got my extended battery for my droid 2 global and did as the directions told me to charge it for 8-12 hours and i did and just unplugged it today and made 2 calls for about a total of 2 mins all together and my battery is already down 10%. Does it take a few charging cycles for the extended battery to actually work or should it work right away?
moz-screenshot.png
I have the 2300 LiION mAh BPX7 from Batteries4less.com. Here is the link

Motorola Droid 2 Extended Battery | Motorola Droid 2 Extended Replacement Battery

Thank you!

wildbill86

Reaction score
Get an app in the market to wipe the battery stats. That should correct your false readings.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
B

billy4

Reaction score
I just looked in the battery manager in the settings how can that be false?

MeHappy

Reaction score
You mean it went from 100% to 90%? That seems about normal as the phone doesn't *completely* charge. What should happen is when charging it charges up to 100%, and to avoid overcharging the battery, the phone stops charging the battery until it drops a little bit down, and then charges it again up to 100%. You may notice that it drops from 100 to 90 more quickly than it drops from 90 to 80, 80 to 70, etc.

OP
B

billy4

Reaction score
Yes that is what I mean. 100% to 90%..so that's normal if it drops after 30mins or so?

MeHappy

Reaction score
I believe that is perfectly normal. See how the battery performs the rest of the time until it's nearly dead, but I think that the 100 to 90 dropping so quickly is normal.
Also, no need to post the same thread in two forums.... but the suggestion in the other thread about circle battery widget may be either good or bad. Yes, it does display by 1% increments instead of 10% but I've noticed it seems to drain my battery faster.

OP
B

billy4

Reaction score
Yes I've noticed today that the battery doesn't drop as much as 100-90. And haha yes I know im sorry..it said it didn't post so I accidently put it somewhere else my bad. And 1 more question..does it take a few days for my new extended battery to get into effect?

MeHappy

Reaction score
I don't think so. I've never actually used one so I have no idea but the battery should be working pretty normal after a full cycle or two.
You could do a few things if you were rooted to make sure the phone was reporting the correct battery percentage, but since you aren't, I won't go into that.

Edit: removed redundant statements.

OP
B

billy4

Reaction score
Alright will do..ill get back to this thread in a few days. Thank you very much!

elvyrorie

Reaction score
Let us know how your non oem battery works. I paid the extra for a motorola one, just so I could avoid problems later. I'm just curious as to whether it really mattered.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

OP
B

billy4

Reaction score
Is there a big difference between the 2??

elvyrorie

Reaction score
I don't really know that's what I'm curious about.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums