Verizon extended battery help!

billy4

Reaction score
Does anyone have the Droid 2 Global extended battery that's from Verizon? I wanna get it and wondering how many hours you get on it. Cause I have one but its **** and wanna get the one at Verizon. Thank you.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
B

billy4

Reaction score
You're a genius! Thank you so much!

OP
B

billy4

Reaction score
Im on my 2nd day for new new battey and I've only had it on for 1 hr and 4 mins and just been texting someone and its already at 80%...does it take a few cycles for it to break in? Im not happy. Please help.

OP
B

billy4

Reaction score
Can someone help?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
I just got mine today. Its not doing too hot but I'm gonna give it a few days and a few charging and discharging cycles.

CM74DX

OP
B

billy4

Reaction score
Ill give it 2 more days hopefully it works. And im not rooted so I can't calibrate it..let me know how yours does Brad.

OP
B

billy4

Reaction score
Battery life has been amazing..after a few days of breaking it in I can easily get 12 hours. Im on 14hrs right now with 37% left. Finally im happy. I updated my roaming today so that might help even more. Left wifi on today for about 2 hrs...kinda starting to believe it actually does take less battery then 3G.

Reaction score
Battery life has been amazing..after a few days of breaking it in I can easily get 12 hours. Im on 14hrs right now with 37% left. Finally im happy. I updated my roaming today so that might help even more. Left wifi on today for about 2 hrs...kinda starting to believe it actually does take less battery then 3G.

Wifi takes significantly less power than 3g. Want to see for yourself? Install battery monitor widget to check the drain. It is a big difference.

OP
B

billy4

Reaction score
So I should have wifi on 24/7?? In all areas!?

brad92

Silver Member
Reaction score
So I should have wifi on 24/7?? In all areas!?

If you can connect to wifi, do it. If you leave it on and there are no networks, you will eat battery.

CM74DX

Khiraji

Reaction score
If you can connect to wifi, do it. If you leave it on and there are no networks, you will eat battery.

CM74DX

There's an app out there that checks to see if you've got a solid WiFi signal and enables/disables WiFi depending. I've got a WiFi control widget on one of my homescreens so it's easy to turn on/off, but yes - if you're somewhere with no WiFi it'll eat battery needlessly. Also, if you pass by an open network that happens to have the same SSID as one you regularly connect to, sometimes your Droid will jump on that network automatically. The WiFi antenna isn't the best so you can end up with a connection to a "ghost" network. Annoying...