Droid 2 Global Extended Battery Opinion!!

billy4

Reaction score
Does anyone have the Droid 2 Global extended battery that's from Verizon? I wanna get it and wondering how many hours you get on it. Cause I have one but its crap and wanna get the one at Verizon. Thank you.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
B

billy4

Reaction score
Anyone???

brian62584

Reaction score
Not sure if mine is from Verizon but I have one and it sucks. Think its going bad

OP
B

billy4

Reaction score
Haha how do you not know if its from Verizon?

Hawaiian Princess

Reaction score
Have you checked our Droid Store? In any case, you can check Seidio batteries which works quite well. The problem is ordering the door for the battery. Its a little bulky

OP
B

billy4

Reaction score
I got one from batteries4less.com and it was huge and didn't make any difference at all. Mine from Verizon should be here tomorrow.

SC Headbanger

Reaction score
I've got both the Motorola "standard" battery, and the "extended" one. I'm an average user of my DROID 2 Global. I can't tell a big difference in the two except for the size. My phone came with the extended battery, and I replaced it with the standard battery & I cover mainly because I use both the home & car docks. With the extended battery you really have to push the phone down into the home dock, or you won't get a connection. I also prefer the slimmer look & I feel of the standard battery. Overall I would say the extended battery does last longer, but the standard fits my needs better.

iks

Reaction score
Droid 2 Extended Battery fit in Droid 2 docks

Will the Amazon 3500mAh extended battery and door fit in a Droid 2 dock or Droid 2 car dock? When I replaced my Droid 1 with a Droid 2 Global recently I found that it fit comfortably in the Droid 1 dock but I had to replace the Droid 1 car dock with a Droid 2 car dock.

So the question is whether the extended battery will still allow my Droid 2 in both docks?

Thanks

SC Headbanger

Reaction score
I've actually got both batteries & covers for my DROID 2 Global, and my phone fits in my DROID 1 car dock. If I remember correctly, Motorola sells the same car dock for both phones. With the Extended on, the flip lock thing doesn't completely cover the front of the phone, but mine has never had any problems with the phone falling out or anything. And since I have a big Garmin GPS, I mount my cradle vertically. I still use my D1 home docks too, you just have to carefully slide the phone in because of the snug fit. I hope this helps you out.

iks

Reaction score
Are you talking about the 3500 mAh? What rating is your extended battery? What model and where did you get it?
Thanks

SC Headbanger

Reaction score
It's the Motorola BP7X Extended Battery that comes standard with the DROID 2 Global with the bumped out cover. And the regular is a Motorola BP6X with a flat cover.