Help! Droid 2 Global Extended Battery

billy4

Reaction score
Hi
i just got my extended battery for my droid 2 global and did as the directions told me to charge it for 8-12 hours and i did and just unplugged it today and made 2 calls for about a total of 2 mins all together and my battery is already down 10%. Does it take a few charging cycles for the extended battery to actually work or should it work right away?

Reaction score
What battery meter are you using? The stock battery meter measures in increments of ten, so once the battery is no longer fully charged it will display as ninety percent. "Circle Battery Widget" will display in increments of one, can be down loaded from market, and will better gauge use.

Reaction score
What battery meter are you using? The stock battery meter measures in increments of ten, so once the battery is no longer fully charged it will display as ninety percent. "Circle Battery Widget" will display in increments of one, can be down loaded from market, and will better gauge use.

This is an excellent reply. I also use circle battery widget, and it's excellent. Also if you're rooted, you'll want to wipe your battery stats. I believe there are also apps for this in the market, if you don't have Clockwork Recovery.

OP
B

billy4

Reaction score
I don't use any battery meters I just look in the settings. And no I am not rooted. Does it take a few days for this extended battery to work??

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

OP
B

billy4

Reaction score
And im also using Juice Defender..

Reaction score
That's your stock meter in settings. I've read that batteries like a bit of conditioning; you should try depleting the battery to less than ten percent then a full recharge, do this a few times. But again, since the meter measures in increments of ten, it's hard to discern exactly how much power the battery actually has, or how much a given task uses. Your battery is probably fine, remember that these new-fangled smart phones are pretty energy intensive. I for instance, like many with the extended battery, get 24-36 hours of moderate use calling and texting. But the batteries are drained quickly with net use. I have to stay close to a charging source those days I spend time surfing or using other apps that demand a net connection. As for Juice Defender, i've read some comments lauding it as a battery savior, and others decrying it as a waste. I saw no real appreciable difference when using it. There are quite a few "articles"? here describing methods that will certainly assist in saving energy, just do a search on battery life. And again, I suggest Circle Battery Widget to everyone. It gives you definitive insight into how much power your using for the different applications you'll employ.

OP
B

billy4

Reaction score
Thank you for your long reply. Yes it does say in the instructions in the battery to condition it and charge it for 8-12hrs for 3-5 cycles. Ive been using juice defender with my normal battery and wasn't sure if it would affect the extended battery in a bad way at all. Thank you very much. I just want this battery to last 12-14hrs a day.

OP
B

billy4

Reaction score
10h 31mins 18s since unplugged.
Display 36%
Android system 14%
DroidForums 11%
Browser 10%
And all the other ones were at 6% and 4%.

That was ny first day using my extended battery. Im not happy with results. Shouldnt it be lasting longer? Or does it need a few more days cycling? Please help.

OP
B

billy4

Reaction score
10%! My bad.