Who prefers the extended battery case and weight to the standard?

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm considering getting one but am on the fence.

Also does it fit into the standard dock?

guttyla

Reaction score
extended battery is obviously bigger and heavier (i don't mind it though). I prefer the standard battery size, but the juice I get form the extended is fantastic. Easily go all day 6am to 9pm with moderate use, 8 hours in 4g area and still have approx 10-20% left. highly recommend extender

sweeeeet

Silver Member
Reaction score
I use extended all the time and prefer it

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

gdbjr

Reaction score
I prefer the size/shape of the inductive charging cover. Nice and square and no weird angles

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I like the size of the inductive charger also but unless you have extra money laying around it's really not worth it.

Right now I'm at 70% after 4 1/2 hours standard battery with everything turned on. Texted, made a 20 min call, read news.... and I have plugs at my office and home.

So I dont NEED the bigger battery unless it improved the form as well as the life.

Reaction score
I really prefer the Bionic w/ extended battery. It fits my hand better but isnt too big for my pocket.

solution

Reaction score
I'm considering getting one but am on the fence.

Also does it fit into the standard dock?

Right now is the time to get one vzw is offering them at half price.

Yes they do fit the standard dock I pick up my extended battery over the weekend

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Since you just got it what are your impressions as to weight and feel? Does it still fit in your pocket well?

Right now is the time to get one vzw is offering them at half price.

Yes they do fit the standard dock I pick up my extended battery over the weekend

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

mandragora

Reaction score
Heavier - Not an issue (still lighter than the OG Droid.)
Over all feel - Good.
Not having to worry about charging all day - Priceless.

Zregnier

Reaction score
I was using extended and liked it fine. Don't like the feel of it nearly as much as the standard, but it did last me all day. I went back to standard a few days ago to give it another chance and I am liking it. I always have a charger with me and usually just need to charge it once a day. I've been tweaking my settings and am getting 8 to 15 hours on standard depending on use. Right now I have 50% left after 8.5 hours on battery with 4G.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
I'm at 8.5 hours light use now 57% left. Have not tweaked much of anything.

They are out of stock at Verizon.com - I can charge it anytime I want also. But for $25 I was very tempted to get the extended.

I was using extended and liked it fine. Don't like the feel of it nearly as much as the standard, but it did last me all day. I went back to standard a few days ago to give it another chance and I am liking it. I always have a charger with me and usually just need to charge it once a day. I've been tweaking my settings and am getting 8 to 15 hours on standard depending on use. Right now I have 50% left after 8.5 hours on battery with 4G.

chadwick108

Reaction score
Using extended slim on Droid 3 and love it...vesatility of stock cover with extra battery

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Ok, I got it ordered over the phone for half off. Why not. If I don't like it I don't have to use it...

What really did it for me is that I hate the camera getting dirty and scratched so easily.... and it's cheap.

I'll probably hate it :p

aaf709

Nice Guy
Premium Member
Reaction score
Given that the extended battery on my OG Droid was almost 3 times as thick, I don't have any problems like weight or size issues.

OP
SSHGuru

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Not concerned with weight but with size. I can always sell it on ebay if I don't like it. Paid $26.50 with tax.