Who is going to...[Re-Revisited]-Vending.apk

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Mike, did you find a way to get MM to work with GB?

MMs work on GB without issues when applying to framework, only is glitchy if applying into the SystemUI.apk..

But this MM works fine into either Froyo or GB...These battery icons are basically the ones you added to your theme, but just changed almost all to the blue instead of the yellow and red ones you had...

Devildog8791

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Black n Bold Market 2.3.6

Here is an update in thebowers' style.

snap20110409_213652.png
snap20110409_213708.png
snap20110409_213809.png

BnBMarket_2.3.6.zip - Flash in recovery. Same things apply that mbk40 stated in his post (Post 782).

Last edited:

decalex

Reaction score
is the new market version working for everyone?
I tried your recommended method, and still getting FCs with both versions.
I uninstalled updates (back to 2.3.4), even froze the market updater in Titanium and deleted the com.android.vending (or something like that) in the /data/data/ folder .. also have cleared apk cache and data, etc.

..any other ideas?

EDIT:
So this worked.. if this helps anyone else: I (on purpose) basically had 3 files in my system/app/ Vending.apk , Vending.blu , and Vending.bnb
All with rw-r--r-- permissions. and then I'd change the extension. I went back to the original Vending.apk that I backed up, made sure updates were uninstalled, market updater frozen, renamed Vending.apk to Vending.bak , then Vending.bnb to Vending.apk, and it seems to be working fine. (Same with the Blue version). :)
Thx guys

Last edited:

decalex

Reaction score
Weird, was working fine with market updater frozen, but back to FC again. Started happening when I went to download an app update. Anyone else?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Weird, was working fine with market updater frozen, but back to FC again. Started happening when I went to download an app update. Anyone else?

No problems on either of my droids... my suggestion is for you to nandroid back to a backup when you had Vending 2.3.4 installed and then to immediately install the 2.3.6....

decalex

Reaction score
have you tried updating an app under downloads?
Mine was working fine until I did this.

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Yeah I did...still working fine... have you tried the nandroid first method?

Jer

Reaction score
Two dumb questions:

1) will this work for a Sprint Evo 4G

&

2) does it need to be rooted?

Thanks!

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Two dumb questions:

1) will this work for a Sprint Evo 4G

&

2) does it need to be rooted?

Thanks!

I'm sure it would need to be rooted... then you should be able to make a nandroid and test install this inverted market

decalex

Reaction score

Yes, but it never hurts to give it another go! :)
I've mostly been using Root Explorer, and just dropping the apk into /system/app/ then changing the permissions. (after creating backup of the original Vending.apk).

Mbk

Android For Life
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score

Yes, but it never hurts to give it another go! :)
I've mostly been using Root Explorer, and just dropping the apk into /system/app/ then changing the permissions. (after creating backup of the original Vending.apk).

You should try doing it thru recovery...
I'm currently playing around with changing the markets colors and theme thru MetaMorph, and I've seen what you're talking about now... the MM works fine, but after updating some apps it started FC'ing on me as well... but my main Droid which was done thru recovery, and not metaamorphed, has updated many apps without that issue as of yet... so it may be associated to the method you are using, as it was for me trying out MetaMorph...because using Clockwork recovery worked fine...

Also as a footnote... It's not a Gingerbread/Froyo issue, because I nandroided my spare droid to a froyo ROM, and installed the 2.3.6 TruBlue market thru recovery and it worked perfect thru the updates, but as soon as I MetaMorphed it to another color version, it worked fine for a bit, then started FC'ing.... so I'm pretty sure just copying and overwriting thru RootExplorer may be your issue decalex

Last edited:

decalex

Reaction score
Thx for the response there. I've since tried it thru recovery and still had the same issue. I did find a version that worked, with (sort of) an explanation of what was happening. I also am going thru logcats to see what exactly is happening. I'll post findings tomor. Good times :)