who here is upgrading to the Galaxy S III

JeffDenver

Reaction score
What will the Razr HD have that the S3 doesn't? Thats why I would not wait for it.

The Razr HD will be a nice phone to be sure, but it is a little late. By about 4 or 6 months. The competition is already there now.

huskur

Reaction score
What will the Razr HD have that the S3 doesn't? Thats why I would not wait for it.

The Razr HD will be a nice phone to be sure, but it is a little late. By about 4 or 6 months. The competition is already there now.

Supposedly a 5" screen with a 1.5 dual core and its a Moto so I will be confident in the radio and minimal data drops. I still am on the fence. The S3 is very very tempting. Also the moto will stay with its original hdmi, micro usb and not have special proprietary plugs. Which is a good thing being as I am loaded with micro usb chargers, cables...ect..

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
nikecar said:
I'm getting (waiting for the UPS to get here at some point today or tomorrow) the Rezound a yr early into my contract, so I won't get the SG3.

You made the right choice getting the Rezound and you won't be disappointed with it at all.

nikecar

Reaction score
You made the right choice getting the Rezound and you won't be disappointed with it at all.
I better be, or I'm coming to your house to beat you up!!! :p

I wasn't given a tracking number so it should be here today or tomorrow.

JeffDenver

Reaction score
The Rezound was a great phone stock, but with the ICS update it is just amazing.

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
With unlimited going by by, unless you buy your next phone at full price outright, makes me wonder if I should just get the SG III, I have 16 days to think about it, I am due for an upgrade, but will be tied up with VRZ for another 2 years, the dilema. I do love my Rezound and would love it even more with ICS "get off your assess HTC", but they have been bussy getting hammered by Apple as of late, makes me wonder how much longer they will be around.

crxlsturbo

Reaction score
cybertec69 said:
With unlimited going by by, unless you buy your next phone at full price outright, makes me wonder if I should just get the SG III, I have 16 days to think about it, I am due for an upgrade, but will be tied up with VRZ for another 2 years, the dilema. I do love my Rezound and would love it even more with ICS "get off your assess HTC", but they have been bussy getting hammered by Apple as of late, makes me wonder how much longer they will be around.

I would wait and see how the radio is on the S3. Remember the nexus has a horrible radio and I would think the S3 would have the same radio as the nexus.

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
crxlsturbo said:
I would wait and see how the radio is on the S3. Remember the nexus has a horrible radio and I would think the S3 would have the same radio as the nexus.

The Nexus used TI manufactured radios, the S 3 uses Qualcomm's radios, which are the best at the moment, no.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

HNettles

Reaction score
Can anyone verify the above statement, about the radios used in the Nexus versus the S3? The only reason I don't have a Nexus is the radios.

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
Can anyone verify the above statement, about the radios used in the Nexus versus the S3? The only reason I don't have a Nexus is the radios.

I get a great signal in a strong 4G area so I'm good with the radios (same as the Moto's I've owned). When reading other forums that have GSM users there are no complaints at all about signal strength. This leads me to believe it is an LTE issue.. just fyi! :)

Issemann

Reaction score
My wife has an upgrade and I used it on the GS3 today. Figured I should use it before the shared data plans kick in. If I like it, great. If not, I'll ebay it and use the cash for something else down the road.

HTC Rezound running Scott's CleanROM

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
The Nexus used TI manufactured radios, the S 3 uses Qualcomm's radios, which are the best at the moment, no.

Sent from my HTC Rezound using Droid Forums

I too would be very interested in knowing if this is true or not. The radios are one of the biggest worries i have about the S3.
Also what radios are in the Rezound, since i know it works awesomely.

DroidBoardr

Reaction score
I would but I used my upgrade on the Rezound and I'm not paying $700 for another phone. However if I can get a good deal on one later this year I might pick one up. I'm not as stigmatized about particular brands. I have the Galaxy Nexus and I like it.

Mr Smith,
So if you did have an upgrade would you get rid of your Rezound in order to get the GS3? I can only have one phone. I was going to use my wife's upgrade, and give her my Rezound, but this is such a great phone. Why would you upgrade or not? Thanks.

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
Personally, if I had the option...I probably would. I do really like the Rezound but...it's just not quite for me. I miss my Bionic, it was the perfect phone for me. Among other trivial things, I'm just not a fan of the Rezound's screen or its battery (a problem in large part because of the screen), and the shapes not bad, I just don't prefer it. So I'd definitely be willing to check out the SGS3, play with it for awhile in store and, like I said, if I had the option, and the phone lived up to its hype and had no major connection issues..... :X

OP
cybertec69

cybertec69

Silver Member
Reaction score
Personally, if I had the option...I probably would. I do really like the Rezound but...it's just not quite for me. I miss my Bionic, it was the perfect phone for me. Among other trivial things, I'm just not a fan of the Rezound's screen or its battery (a problem in large part because of the screen), and the shapes not bad, I just don't prefer it. So I'd definitely be willing to check out the SGS3, play with it for awhile in store and, like I said, if I had the option, and the phone lived up to its hype and had no major connection issues..... :X
What in particular do you not like about the Rezound's screen, I think it is the sharpest screen out there, at 342ppi at 4.3" it is even sharper than the smaller iPhone's 3.5" retina display, if you mean viewing outside in the Sun, just put it to max brightness and you will be just fine, not many screens are very viewable in the sun, including your LCD TV or PDP or for that matter any type of display.

Last edited: