who got the update and tried to root?

Tyler_C

Reaction score
Thank you

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Anathema

Reaction score
I got the update and not only will 43V3R not install but I am having trouble with superuser. damn :(

What was the state of you phone prior to the update? Meaning, did you install any leaked version? What problems are you having trying to root/43v3R root and with superuser?

jzmax22

Reaction score
I had gotten the update yesterday, decided to revert to stock( becuase I messed up my swype) now I cant get the update again. Any suggestions?

xmguy

Reaction score
I'm rooted using the (PC one-click) root app. Not 4ever root. I don't like the idea of non-reversal for warranty purposes. I'm not on any leaks of the OTA update either. So I'd like to know if the root app will still work on the update. Also side note does it change the bootloader version?

chedder72

Reaction score
I'm rooted using the (PC one-click) root app. Not 4ever root. I don't like the idea of non-reversal for warranty purposes. I'm not on any leaks of the OTA update either. So I'd like to know if the root app will still work on the update. Also side note does it change the bootloader version?
If you're talking about Pete's Motorola Root Tools, the answer is NO. They will NOT re-root you once you install the 5.893 OTA. I used the tool I posted above from P3droid, but I didn't see an UNroot option.

Cinoib

Reaction score
I lost root after the update and found a work around for root. I went to the above mentioned website http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...70-r3l3as3droot-43v3r-root-bionic-v2-1-a.html and followed -Unbrick Bionic with OneClick Restore “R3l3As3Droot and 43V3R Root” 10/28/11.......

performed options 1,5, and 7

Built my phone back with titanium backup that I had

rebooted and Verizon pushed me the update a second time. YES I did nothing and the ota came back. (I may have checked for updates)

I downloaded and installed .893 ( it took forever to restart and install but eventually worked)

My previous issues with loss of root are gone because titanium BU is working and I no longer get error messages.

I hope this helps someone

I did not expect the ota to re push. My plan was to do the above and install the leaked 893

After all that are you currently at 5.5.886 or 5.5.893?

rjcapp

Reaction score

If you are 4ever root - you will keep root after the ota.......

The one click like u did - you will not have root after the ota. I ran into this problem myself.

Read back and it is explained....

rjcapp

Reaction score
After all that are you currently at 5.5.886 or 5.5.893?

5.5.893 with 4ever root. Love it.

Last edited:
OP
idk5

idk5

Reaction score
just wondering is it possible to get rid of root forever rooting?

gsbjackson

Reaction score
Don't bother with all that. This one click will re-root all of us idiots who forgot to forever root before the OTA. Worked like a charm for me and others. Thanks to tp76 over in the tech support forums and P3 droid for creating it.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12050927/1-click_exploit.zip

chedder72 is right... I went from SingleClick Rooted Original Stock --> OTA 5.5.893 (lost root) --> to Rooted 5.5.893 using the above.

Never bothered with the leaked ROMS or ForeverRoot.

Cinoib

Reaction score
Don't bother with all that. This one click will re-root all of us idiots who forgot to forever root before the OTA. Worked like a charm for me and others. Thanks to tp76 over in the tech support forums and P3 droid for creating it.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12050927/1-click_exploit.zip

I don't know who you are. I don't know what you know. I don't know how you figured this out. But YOU ARE GOD IN MY BOOK! Thank you thank you thank you. I FREEGIN HAVE ROOT BACK thanks to you and this post.

I did not use forever root. I had it on my phone but like the mindless sheep that I am, i got the soak test, downloaded it and installed it only AFTER i remembered I was GOING TO ROOT with forever root. I lost root. I initially used SuperOneClick (I think) or was it Pete's... well hell, I don't remember but it was one of those two. Anyway, I took the update 5.5.893 Friday, installed it and bang... I lost root. I was about to pull the trigger on the exploit offered by rjcapp R3l3As3Droot and 43V3R Root. But in looking at it, i thought I would be returned to 5.5.886. Rjcapp showed his phone to have 5.5.893 so I thought I would be safe to do that. I have Titanium Back up and I have a few apps frozen. I figured if Rj could restore his Bionic, I could restore mine. But I saw this post and I went for it. I was a little concerned as it went through the various hoops trying to port the exploit to by Bionic. I cracked open a Samual Adams, and before i got my last sip, I was rebooting (another vary scary aspect of this whole thing...). IT WORKED.

By the way, I have not once dropped 4g since the ota. Not only that, I went to my granddaughters 1 year birthday party prepared to use my Rebel Ti 2 to take the shots. My Bionic worked flawlessly. GOT THAT? It worked like it was suppose to have worked from day one.

If for no other reason you take the ota, it's to get the camera working (take that Samsung Nexus can't-get-let-out-of-the-cage due to NFC legal glitch) and to have a constant 4g connection. I do indeed have 5.5.593. Oh, one last thing, Speedtest.net coming in at 25 up and 5.5 down.

So once again, I now believe that chedder72 is God and does indeed deserve my bowed upon humble knees alligence. Thank you Cheddar72.

Oh, one last thing your madjesty chedder72..., if the next two updates show up prior to ICS, will this root maintain if I take and install the updates?

Cinoib

Reaction score
oops, I wrote " I do indeed have 5.5.593. I have 5.5.893. Sorry...

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
just wondering is it possible to get rid of root forever rooting?

Yes, but it isn't just an "unroot," it actually has to wipe the entire system so you'd go all the way back to factory.

xmguy

Reaction score
If you're talking about Pete's Motorola Root Tools, the answer is NO. They will NOT re-root you once you install the 5.893 OTA. I used the tool I posted above from P3droid, but I didn't see an UNroot option.

Right now if I want to unroot I install the SBF (cant remember current name) via rsd. Overrides the entire file system. If one uses forever root does it remain after doing this?

Sent from my BIONIC out in the boonies of TN while picking a guitar!