who got the update and tried to root?

jrshelton13

Reaction score
Don't bother with all that. This one click will re-root all of us idiots who forgot to forever root before the OTA. Worked like a charm for me and others. Thanks to tp76 over in the tech support forums and P3 droid for creating it.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12050927/1-click_exploit.zip

This made my day! I was panicking because the FOR3V3R root method wasn't working and finally saw this post, it worked beautifully! Big thanks to P3 and tp76 and everyone for this. I went into a state of immediate depression when I thought I had lost root!

adlerrot

Reaction score
pete's one click after update

I rooted with Pete's one click soon after I got the Bionic in September. Because I wanted the over the air from Motorola I un-rooted so that I would be a part of the first group to get 893 update. It came very early Saturday morning and woke me up with many "Droid" notifications. I did the update to 893 with no problems. No loss of data or anything. To be truthful I do not see any difference in the phone's operation after the update. May actually be worse.

Today I decided to root again. I used Pete's one click. Everything worked perfectly. Phone did the 3 reboots. Pc screen siad you are now rooted...... BUT!!! My bionic was not rooted. It was just like it was before the root attempt ...

Any suggestions? i really only want root for Titanium Backup and a couple of other programs. I Did not want to do a permanent root because of the Future Ice Cream Sandwich. Is there any other root option that is reversible?
Thanks

PS! Well is my face red. After fooling around I reinstalled Rom manager and it seemed to work. Then ran su and it did not say I wasn't rooted. I finally downloaded busybox and now Titanium Backup appears to be working. So I guess I did get re-rooted.

Last edited:

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Don't bother with all that. This one click will re-root all of us idiots who forgot to forever root before the OTA. Worked like a charm for me and others. Thanks to tp76 over in the tech support forums and P3 droid for creating it.

Has anybody else gotten this to work? It looks like it works... then it gets to the part where it pushes/installs Superuser.apk and fails.

Pugz

Reaction score
I want the damn update!!! I am so sick of my 4G dropping....I see nothing in the system updates tab. I am rooted and running the latest version of Liberty.

wdreck

Reaction score
rooted and updated

I was rooted with one click, downloaded OTA and all is working great still rooted...made graphics clearer and larger by my adjustment Love it

unbesorgt

Reaction score
I want the damn update!!! I am so sick of my 4G dropping....I see nothing in the system updates tab. I am rooted and running the latest version of Liberty.

Wouldn't running a custom ROM like Liberty block the OTA? I know they did on the OG Droid.

Pugz

Reaction score
Wouldn't running a custom ROM like Liberty block the OTA? I know they did on the OG Droid.

Yea someone just reminded me of that...flashing a backup now and hopefully I can get this update.

BePrepared

Reaction score

Thank you for this link. I just rooted for the first time tonight, and this worked great. Never rooted my OG, and I wanted to make damn sure I got the OTA, so I didn't trying rooting my Bionic until after I got the OTA for it, which FINALLY came through this morning.

Pugz

Reaction score
So I was able to apply the update but when I tried to access titanium backup after it said I wasn't rooted, did the one click method to root again. I am able to access superuser but I TB still can't find root access. wtf

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
So I was able to apply the update but when I tried to access titanium backup after it said I wasn't rooted, did the one click method to root again. I am able to access superuser but I TB still can't find root access. wtf

I had to do a factory reset and then apply the one-click method linked earlier in this thread. Something must've been "leftover" that the one-click didn't like, that a factory reset cleaned up.

weave

Reaction score

This works like a champ. Have never been rooted. Got the OTA, got bored, decided to try and get root for first time ever. This worked perfectly the first time. I now have root and wifi tether working perfectly.

Installed:
Root Check
wifi tether
SQLite Editor
Root Explorer
Ti-Backup Pro
Added code for forever root

Also did the DB hack for WIFI so I can use the default launcher.

All went with no issues and work fine

Last edited:

jonsgirl

Reaction score
Has anybody else gotten this to work? It looks like it works... then it gets to the part where it pushes/installs Superuser.apk and fails.

I received the same error but after checking I was actually rooted. I think the SU apk was already on the phone from prior root so the message was simply telling me it was already there and therefore could not be reinstalled. I did have to download busybox separately to get Titanium to work which I don't remember having to do before.

jonsgirl

Reaction score

I had the same issue. I had to install busybox separately to get titanium to work.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah I ended up doing a factory reset, which cleared out whatever was leftover from the previous root - worked like a champ after that (with one message about an already existing file).