Did I root too soon???

tgyberg

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2XL & Pixel C
I've already read about a couple idiots who have screwed up the phone by rooting and then returning it with no prob's. So thus far, it doesnt look like VZW can tell anything. I'm sure we will be able to unroot and take any OTA's. This will all be moot soon anyway as an SBF will be along shortly.

Zregnier

Reaction score
Lmao at this thread. When an update does come out we'll be able to copy and upload the file then just download it and install update.zip. Installing it will break root, but someone will figure out how to root the update soon.

BTW I was rooted when I returned my first one with broken speaker and those "smart" reps had no clue.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Speeding Wheels

Reaction score
I've already read about a couple idiots who have screwed up the phone by rooting and then returning it with no prob's. So thus far, it doesnt look like VZW can tell anything. I'm sure we will be able to unroot and take any OTA's. This will all be moot soon anyway as an SBF will be along shortly.

They may not know in the store, but whos to say that when the phone goes back to VZW to be formatted and checked for issues there isnt something reported in a log file of some sort? We have no idea yet.

alucard9114

Reaction score
Just urooted and returned my phone to verizon .they didn't even look at it just asked what was wrong and booted up another I was missing some apps I do have the 6.99 insurance. Not sure if that's why!I returned it because of the audio that high pitch noise not sure if this new p anythinghone is doing it.Root your phone just don't delete anything you will be fine

alucard9114

Reaction score
Sorry about the last post using wifes DROID X2 while bionic is charging this keyboard blows oh my god the bionic is 10too times faster than the x2