Which video conversion setting is wrong?

OP
G

grimloktt

Reaction score
I'm sure I was unable to download due to my connection. As can be imagined, it's finicky sometimes.

I decided to open my CuCuSoft Converter that I purchased a while ago for my Zune. I converted a video with that and it worked with no problems. I tried a couple more and will see how they turn out.

the settings for the newer zune devices (the second generation, which can play MP4 files) is pretty much the same as the iPod/iPhone format.

DVD Catalyst does let you crop videos. It has a few different automatic settings for black bar removal, and in the Preview, it offers manual adjustment and brightness/contrast adjustment as well

Wow...all that for $10?! Sounds like a great deal. How long would you guess it takes to encode a 20 minute video or are there too many variables?

D

dvdcatalyst

it depends on the system you use, the screen resolution of the source file and the quality settings you use for the Droid, but on average, about 2-3x realtime I would say (8-10 minutes)

gustofusion

Reaction score
Heres a video I rendered in after effects but hav not been able to see if it play on DroidX (On Backorder) I believe I have the bitrate and size correct and wondered if anyone could give it a test and offer any feedback of your play results. Its in MP4 format with a bitrate of 1000KB and a size of 848x480 aac audio
30 meg download in zip file
http://nationaleventphotography.com/DroidX_Sample.zip

Hope to get some feedback.

Touche, salesman.

Salesman is pretty harsh don't you think. I'm not sure if you actually looked at some of the other 633 posts I have made on this forum, you will notice that I'm actually trying to help people rather than to advertise my own software. Hell, I dont even have my own links in my signature.

It was a Family Guy reference.... nevermind.

D

dvdcatalyst

Downloaded and looked at.

In Media Info, the bitrate is reported as 2240Kbps for the video, which is too high.

My guess is that you used a constant-quality encode, which basically ignores the bitrate.