Q's using Cucusoft Ultimate DVD+Video Converter Suite

LilJayV10

Reaction score
I bought this program a while back to to put DVD's on my wife Ipod. It was very easy to use and she could convert stuff on her own.

I want to use it to put movies on my Driod. I used the Ipod classic H.264 setting. The video is fantastic and fills up 95% of the screen. The audio is also very good. The only problem I have is every once in a while the video jumps. The video then catches back up to the audio and its fine. I do know enough about this stuff to start changing things. The settings seem very close I just don't know what to change. If someone can tell me what I need to change that would be great. I know it will be trial and error. Here are the settings that it is using.

Video
Video Encoder: H.264/AVC
Video bitrate: 1201
Frame rate: 29.970
Video Size: 640x480

Audio
Audio Encoder: AAC
Audio bitrate: 128K CD quality
Sample rate: 48000
Channels: 2(stereo)

Advanced Video Options

Threads optimization: Quad Core CPU
Quality Scale: 26 Great quality/Fast speed
Min Q scale: 2
Max Q scale: 31
Max Q scale step: 3
Aspect ratio: auto
Bix exact algorithims: yes

The program has all sorts of options as far as what device to convert to. However the Driod being so new isn't on there.

Thank you for any advice on this. It's close it just needs some tweaking.

Jason

OP
L

LilJayV10

Reaction score
That Iron Man 2 trailer looked awesome.

I used the Ipod settings which were different but there were no sync issues.

Is there a difference between a mp4 format and H264?

D

dvdcatalyst

That Iron Man 2 trailer looked awesome.

I used the Ipod settings which were different but there were no sync issues.

Is there a difference between a mp4 format and H264?

I suggested to start with the ipod/iphone settings basically to make sure that at least those would work. If they did not, making changes would not help either.

From there, I would first try and increase the screen size alone. Dont worry about quality at this point, first see if the file at a higher resolution works. If it does, boost the video quality up a bit and try again.

mp4 is a so-called container. It can contain video encoded using a few different formats, such as H264 (aka MPEG 4 AVC), H263(aka 3gp) and MPEG4 SP

H264 is currently the best quality, and is used for iTunes movies as well as Bluray.. It is quite processor demanding, but most devices (including the Droid) have an accelerator chip for this format build-in.

OP
L

LilJayV10

Reaction score
For ten bucks I think I might just get your program and not have to worry about it. I don't mind paying for good products.

OP
L

LilJayV10

Reaction score
I used the free version to check it out. The video/audio quality is great. I converted Bad Boys 2 and have black bars on top and on the sides. Is there a way to make it full screen?

D

dvdcatalyst

I used the free version to check it out. The video/audio quality is great. I converted Bad Boys 2 and have black bars on top and on the sides. Is there a way to make it full screen?

The free version doesnt have black bar removal options.

Have a look at the first post in the trailer thread. I have the 3 different methods of black bar removal explained in detail.

OP
L

LilJayV10

Reaction score
I tried the Catalyst 3 demo and tried to convert Bad Boys 2. When I tried to play it on my Driod it says the file can not play. I must have done something wrong but don't know what.

OP
L

LilJayV10

Reaction score
Disregard my lost post. I think I had some things selected I shouldn't have like upscaling. Can you tell me what the difference is between Driod, Droid HQ, etc.

I went back and re read how to take the black bars out. Sorry I skipped over it the first time. Great product.

D

dvdcatalyst

Disregard my lost post. I think I had some things selected I shouldn't have like upscaling. Can you tell me what the difference is between Driod, Droid HQ, etc.

I went back and re read how to take the black bars out. Sorry I skipped over it the first time. Great product.

Sorry I didnt see your post earlier, I was asleep :)

Anyway, the difference in profiles is just a couple of settings they set in DVD Catalyst.

Droid: 800kbps video, 128kbps audio
Droid HQ: 1000kbps,160kbps audio
Droid HQ2 1500kbps, 160kbps audio

The trailers are done using the HQ2 profile.
Hesides the quality settings, the HQ profiles convert using higher quality settings internally, so even if you would use the same settings as the non-hq profile, it will look better.

OP
L

LilJayV10

Reaction score
For some reason it won't let me convert it to Driod HQ. It says it can't play the file.

OP
L

LilJayV10

Reaction score
That was the only thing I changed. It will however let me convert it to HQ2 which looks fantastic by the way.

I will add that booster pack.

D

dvdcatalyst

That was the only thing I changed. It will however let me convert it to HQ2 which looks fantastic by the way.

I will add that booster pack.

Thats strange.
The ONLY difference between HQ and HQ2 is that HQ2 uses 1500kbps for the video and HQ 1000kbps. Something else must have caused some complications.

The boosterpack will make things a bit faster without quality-loss. Also have a look in the Android section on the website for some tips

wooball

Reaction score
I bought this program a while back to to put DVD's on my wife Ipod. It was very easy to use and she could convert stuff on her own.

I want to use it to put movies on my Driod. I used the Ipod classic H.264 setting. The video is fantastic and fills up 95% of the screen. The audio is also very good. The only problem I have is every once in a while the video jumps. The video then catches back up to the audio and its fine. I do know enough about this stuff to start changing things. The settings seem very close I just don't know what to change. If someone can tell me what I need to change that would be great. I know it will be trial and error. Here are the settings that it is using.

Video
Video Encoder: H.264/AVC
Video bitrate: 1201
Frame rate: 29.970
Video Size: 640x480

Audio
Audio Encoder: AAC
Audio bitrate: 128K CD quality
Sample rate: 48000
Channels: 2(stereo)

Advanced Video Options

Threads optimization: Quad Core CPU
Quality Scale: 26 Great quality/Fast speed
Min Q scale: 2
Max Q scale: 31
Max Q scale step: 3
Aspect ratio: auto
Bix exact algorithims: yes

The program has all sorts of options as far as what device to convert to. However the Driod being so new isn't on there.

Thank you for any advice on this. It's close it just needs some tweaking.

Jason

Jason: I use almost exactly the same with 2 differences (cucusoft):

Video bitrate: 1198
Video Size: Keep Original Size (Recommended)

It seems that Cucusoft sees the "DVD Info" as 720x480. I believe that keeping original size actually makes it smoother than downsizing.?... I had stutter when I set Video Size to 640x480.

Anyway resulting file looks great and runs smooth.

cheers - Mike

Last edited: