Converting Kodak Zi8 720p 60fps woes

infodude

Reaction score
I'm trying to convert
HD (16:9) 60 fps: 1280 x 720 @ 60 fps in
Video: H.264 (MOV); Audio: MPEG-4 AAC LC
out of a Kodak Zi8.

I've trolled and absorbed the Droid video conversion discussions and here and elsewhere. I've tried the recommended (and other) settings with Handbrake.

The converted videos play properly in the VLC player on the computer.

When loaded into Drodie :greendroid: the audio plays and an initial frame displays sans movement. Moments later Drodie says it can't play the video.

Has anyone here been successful in converting Zi8 videos? Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Infodude

D

dvdcatalyst

I'm trying to convert
HD (16:9) 60 fps: 1280 x 720 @ 60 fps in
Video: H.264 (MOV); Audio: MPEG-4 AAC LC
out of a Kodak Zi8.

I've trolled and absorbed the Droid video conversion discussions and here and elsewhere. I've tried the recommended (and other) settings with Handbrake.

The converted videos play properly in the VLC player on the computer.

When loaded into Drodie :greendroid: the audio plays and an initial frame displays sans movement. Moments later Drodie says it can't play the video.

Has anyone here been successful in converting Zi8 videos? Any help in this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Infodude

With Handbrake (or Super from your other post) try the standard iPhone format. Convert files with the default settings, and see if that play fine. Then adjust one thing at a time doing test conversions. When you run into something that does not play properly anymore, change it to something else.

lordegregious

Reaction score
Just got it to work myself on a video from a Zi8 that was 720p/60fps after reading Jimmy's article so big thanks for that. I used Handbrake and used the iphone preset to start with although I doubt that mattered. The settings that I used are as follows.

Picture- height 848 by 480 width
make sure keep aspect ratio is checked

Video-MPEG-4(FFmpeg)
24 fps
Quality I used target size 100mb for my file but you can probably do whatever here

Audio- AAC 96 kbps (again doesn't matter)

I used those settings and my 12 minute video ran perfectly on my droid. Looks surprisingly good still too.

Last edited:

neohuabai

Reaction score
I glad it is of great help for you

:icon_ banana:

Hi, Jimmy, I am also a Pavtube user, I am using Pavtube Blu-ray ripper, I can rip and copy both standard and Blu Ray Dvd’s.
But, if I want to copy a regular DVD to a blank dvd to play on my dvd player anyone please walk me through the steps?
The part that confuses me is the Pal or NTSC. I think I need to use NTCS 16:9 if I have a 50 inch flat screen TV?

I am sorry, I have posted this question here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-utilities-ive-tried-so-far-2.html#post312154

anyone helps? Appreciate it:)

jimmy8765

Reaction score
I glad it is of great help for you

:icon_ banana:

Hi, Jimmy, I am also a Pavtube user, I am using Pavtube Blu-ray ripper, I can rip and copy both standard and Blu Ray Dvd’s.
But, if I want to copy a regular DVD to a blank dvd to play on my dvd player anyone please walk me through the steps?
The part that confuses me is the Pal or NTSC. I think I need to use NTCS 16:9 if I have a 50 inch flat screen TV?

I am sorry, I have posted this question here: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...-utilities-ive-tried-so-far-2.html#post312154

anyone helps? Appreciate it:)

hi,neo

Dowload two softwares as follow.

- ReJig (freeware)
- ImgBurn (freeware)

HOW-TO:

Firstly, convert your blu-ray to the DVD vob format.

Then use ReJig to do DVD authoring.

At last, use ImgBurn to burn DVD.

more info: How to convert Blu-Ray movie to DVD

There are many useful guides,you can search in pavtube.com.Its after-sale service is good,you also can email to them.Hope this helps.