Which ROM do you prefer?

vannope

Reaction score
I absolutely agree with Cereal Killer. I've gone from ROM to ROM and Theme to Theme simply because they're all so good. Of course it doesn't help that I'm A.D.H.D. so thank God for Meds. :icon_wink:

Some things do work better on my D-1 than others... Chevy's kernels run flawlessly, for instance. CM6, IMHO, has the largest amount of options to play with. However, I run LauncherPro and, despite trying all the tips found here, the screen redraws are laggey, but I keep trying out new tricks.

Actually, I'm glad there's so many different things to choose from and experiment with... I'm having an absolute blast playing around

blazed1

Reaction score
I used BB for a while and was quite satisfied with it. However after some curiosity I wanted to try some other ROM's out to see the difference. So far I have tried SS 4.7, CM6, UD8, and Shadow Rom. For me they all ran great. I did have a problem with FC's at first until I started using Slayhers kernals, my phone loves them. As many have said which rom you want to use pretty much depends on which extra's and theme's you want. For me my favorite is Shadow Rom, I just didn't like the way it looked or care too much for the themes that are available for it so far. The best looking ROM to me is UD8 so I took some pieces from that, added it to Shadow Rom (along with some stuff from other ROM's / themes and now I'm happy with what I have.

papafobb

Reaction score
Running Bugless now. Reading this thread has me interested in others I haven't tried. Guess what I'm doing today!!!

Switched to ss4.7. Wow

Last edited:

96accord

Reaction score
Until this past week I have only used BB ROM's but I switched to CM6 and <3 it.

The OTA updates that BB ROM couldn't stop pissed me off so I switched and <3 the CM6 ROM! :)

Only have been using it for a couple days but so far so good. No issues.

-Jeff

huskerkate

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
try something new!

i've run pretty much every rom out there (except for Chevy's new SS 4.7). there's not a bad one in the bunch! but, if you're looking for something new, or just want to change things up, try actngrezy's Project Elite: http://www.droidforums.net/forum/android-roms/81351-rom-release-project-elite-3.html

i don't know him from Adam, but he PM'd me out of the blue a couple days ago and asked if i would test a rom he was working on. being the flashaholic i am, i said "sure." and i gotta tell ya - WOW!!!!

this thing is ultra smooth, and super quick - screen to screen, screen to previews, and in/out/between apps. it comes stock with SlaYHer's 1000 kernel, already overclocked. and just with the stock, and no monkeying with setCPU, i'm consistently getting Quadrants above 1300 - i even hit over 1400 last night with the final version; first time EVER on my phone with a 1000 kernel.

it has 3 different launchers to choose from - Touchwiz, LP, and ADW. and, it has a lot of the bowers inverted/black apps - gmail, facebook, and twitter - which i really like! i have had ZERO FC issues on anything.

give it a flash - actngrezy did some nice work on this thing!!!

EDIT: the Huskers pulldown is not stock - that's my own personal MM add-on from stewart1champ :)

Last edited:

rctp10

Reaction score
Some screen shots of my setup

UD 8 froyo EX
rEVOlution ReMiX
CHEVY 1250 mhz lv
tweaked launcher pro

jjnagy

Reaction score
I absolutely agree with Cereal Killer. I've gone from ROM to ROM and Theme to Theme simply because they're all so good. Of course it doesn't help that I'm A.D.H.D. so thank God for Meds. :icon_wink:

Some things do work better on my D-1 than others... Chevy's kernels run flawlessly, for instance. CM6, IMHO, has the largest amount of options to play with. However, I run LauncherPro and, despite trying all the tips found here, the screen redraws are laggey, but I keep trying out new tricks.

Actually, I'm glad there's so many different things to choose from and experiment with... I'm having an absolute blast playing around

vannope,

This procedure worked great for me on DROID1. Just adding single line to
keep launcher in memory. No lags anymore except when removing from
docking station.

Add ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 to the /data/local.prop file.

Sorry don't have the original poster info to credit him.

Jeff

Here's the procedure if you would like to try it out:

Open a terminal, type su and hit enter (you must be rooted for this to work).

Now go look and see if you have a file called: /data/local.prop

IF NOT, then type this directly into the same su'd terminal:

echo ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 > /data/local.prop and hit enter, and then reboot.

IF YOU DO, have an existing file called /data/local.prop already, open it
with a text editor, and add a line at the very end (if an identical line does
not already exist) with this: ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1 and then reboot.

OP
b-jammin21

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Hey guys. I've been having some problems with my root access lately, and I wanted to throw this out there to see if I could get anyone that is either having the same problem or can give some suggestions for a fix.

I have flashed just about every ROM and kernel on ROM manager. No matter what ROM it is, my phone frequently freezes up for a *solid* 15 mins. This is killing my battery because the screen will sometimes stay on while my phone is frozen. If I pull the battery and reboot, it will freeze again. Sometimes, my phone will just freeze up out of nowhere while I'm using it. I wipe my data and cache each time I flash a new ROM, but I still continue to have the same problem. Here are my questions:

Are the ROMs causing my phone to freeze up?
Are the kernels causing my phone to freeze up?
Is LauncherPro (really the only homescreen app I use, because it's awesome) causing my phone to freeze up?
Is it because I rooted using Universal Androot?
Is my phone just not meant to be rooted?

I love having my phone rooted, but not if my phone is completely froze up half the time I use it. Is there anything you guys could recommend to help me fix this problem? I really want to be able to root and enjoy all the goodness it brings my phone (minus the freeze ups). Thanks in advance for any help.

micp1480

Reaction score
ROMS and Kernels, perfect together, but are they? I can't tell you how many times I had to restore my phone because of an unhappy marriage between the two; and here is another thing, what works on one Droid, doesn't necessarily mean it will work on yours. Here is my strong advise, back up, back up, back up and back up. I am finally at peace with my Droid running on UD8 and it's stock kernel that came with it. This is another thing, sometimes the stock kernel that comes with that ROM is your best bet. One last thing, I am running my ROM at 800 mhz max and 500 mhz min., with set cpu, and I have to say that my phone runs very fast at a temp that will peak at 96 degrees, when performing functions on it, and when surfing on the web I get no higher than 107 degrees.

Summation, ROMS and Kernels are all trail and tribulation, and are unique, so back up, back up, and happy hunting.

MICP1480

Milton515

Reaction score
Right now Im running everything that is in my signature, but I haven't tried the nest CM so I really cant say which I prefer. But I can say I really like BB v0.5

JustisLewis

Reaction score
Have you wiped data and cache prior to install?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

OP
b-jammin21

b-jammin21

Reaction score
I would really like to start a new thread/poll that lists all over the roms instead of just these 2.

@mods/admins, could you please delete this thread so I could make another that lists all of the roms? I am very curious to see what the result would be. Thank you.