Which ROM do you prefer?

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm new to rooting, just rooted my phone last week. Just curious to hear from you guys which ROM you prefer between Bugless Beast and CyanogenMod, with explanations if you don't mind...

If there are any others you like, please let me know.

Thanks!dancedroid

Darkseider

Reaction score
I have tried pretty much all of them and keep coming back to Bugless. CM is awesome and so is Sapphire, hell UD is great too. Thing is that not every phone runs alike so you may have different experiences. My particular handset runs best with BB and Chevyno1's kernels. Although like I said your experience may be completely different. Try them all and see which you and your phone likes best.

keithsmith22

Reaction score
I am a Sapphire kind of guy. BB ran good for me but I couldn't use Wifi at work. It worked at home but not at the office. I tried CM6 and couldn't use Wifi with it either. LithiumMod worked well for my wife and Sapphire has been working great for me. Tried UD for about a second but the keyboard was all jacked up so I quickly dumped it. Just my experience.

ftajeffrey

Reaction score
I like them all. As mentioned, your phone handles each differently. I will say that I get the best battery life with UD.

wesblake

Reaction score
Could we add all the other roms to this poll? I'd be interested in more results too. I've tried BB, UD (for about hot minute! Was buggy, went back to BB) and now I'm on Simply Stunning and love it! But, I'd like to try other ROMs and be interested in seeing the results of this poll with others.
On that note, is there a section/post somewhere that compares or at least lists all the ROMs? That would be a great resource. Thanks.

OP
b-jammin21

b-jammin21

Reaction score
Thanks for all the good info guys!

I am just new to rooting, and the only one I have tried so far is Bugless Beast v0.4. It reboots and freezes often, especially when I shut down and power back on my phone. That's why I wanted to ask, and I knew that Cyanogen and BB were probably the most popular. I will be sure to try other out; can I get more ROMs in ROM Manager App?

I will try to add more ROMs to the poll after I get out of work tonight.

Chris-pee

Reaction score
Alot of issues people have can not be attributed to the ROM itself. Alot of it is user error or misinformation.

INSANENEIVIESIS

Developer
Reaction score
Website
www.shadowrom.com
if your closed minded and want to go with one of those 2 ;) i say go with CyanogenMod, bb doesnt come near what you can do with CyanogenMod. but if you want to run something new and still good. check out ShadowROM...(and yes that was a plug for my ROM) :)

fd2blk78

Reaction score
Sapphire

Well, I started with Liquid Froyo, and didnt keep it cus I couldnt get the watermarked theme to run. Thats all I really wanted was the theme. I also tried CM and it worked great, for about a day. then it got all buggy and basically bogged down the phone till it was unusable. Recently I have switched to Sapphire, with watermarkd, and could not be happier. Runs great, Watermarkd looks awesome, all my friends are jealous etc etc.

rctp10

Reaction score
I like them all. As mentioned, your phone handles each differently. I will say that I get the best battery life with UD.

VERY TRUE.....UD has been the best overall excperiance for me but it relly comes down to what theme you like slapped over what rom and kernal setup works best for your device.....If i was you make sure you have a original nanadroid so you can always flash back to a clean slate, then just try them all. If you do happen to do this makesure you use the update.zip method for as rom manager fills your SD card up very quickly.

trillonometry

Reaction score
if your closed minded and want to go with one of those 2 ;) i say go with CyanogenMod, bb doesnt come near what you can do with CyanogenMod. but if you want to run something new and still good. check out ShadowROM...(and yes that was a plug for my ROM) :)

No lie it's the best rom i've ran so far... and i have tried every single rom probably. Shadow Rom has the best battery life/performance/features that i've seen. might as well take the beta tag off

OP
b-jammin21

b-jammin21

Reaction score
I don't think I can modify the poll to add more roms to the list to vote for. Can the admins do it?

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Truth of the matter nemet is that none of the developers here kick out ROMS that are inferior to one another.

You will have your fans of certain developer's and they will all claim its the best but the reality of the situation is that they are ALL great.

I have run every ROM on this site.

It all comes down to what kind of features you are looking for. To say one ROM is better than the next is simply misinformation. Try them all and decide for yourself.

Polls and threads on this will not give you the answer you are looking for. There will always be bias.

You have the best developers on the net in one place right here. Take advantage of it :) Don't limit yourself to a few peoples opinions.

Get flashing : )

Sent from my Droid