Which phone? Switching from iPhone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dcmem

Reaction score
Hey forum.

My iPhone att contract is set to expire next month, and I think I've decided to switch over to an android phone from Verizon.

Trying to decide between Incredible 2 and Thunderbolt. Thunderbolt seems a little bulkier, to be 50 bucks more, and have a shorter battery life. Any advice would be appreciated.

I was also wondering if there was a simple android orientation post anywhere?

Gracias

DC

badbeat33

Reaction score
If you live in a 4G area I would definitely go with the tbolt. If not I'd still say the tbolt but then it would be close. I live in a 4G area and cannot stand it when I am in a 3g only area! It really is a huge difference. Good luck with your decision. Both are great phones.

Sent from my ADR6400L using DroidForums

Al Neri

Reaction score
I think the bionic is just around the corner, though I do keep reading conflicting info.

matt2783

Reaction score
I think the bionic is just around the corner, though I do keep reading conflicting info.

I doubt it'll be here for at least a month.

OP- It's really a matter of what is important to you... If a high speed connection is importatant, or you think you're going to want to root/flash roms, the TB is probably the way to go.

If you want something a little more pocketable, (the TB will look huge compared to an iphone) good battery life then you should probably go for the Inc2.

Droid noob

Reaction score
The Dinc2 is the thunderbolt without 4g and slightly smaller screen. I have 4g in my area but opted for the Dinc2 because of all the issues reported. I've been reading a lot of people are turning their 4g off to conserve their battery. If I were you I would try the bolt first and see if you can live with battery life, etc..... I understand you have 14 days to swap it for something else. Dinc2 is a solid phone out of the box. Just look at both forums and you can tell which is more reliable.

Sent 2 u via Incredible 2

jegonzo3

Reaction score
I'm kind of in the same boat, my contract has been up since the end of February and I'm kind of waiting for the Bionic to come out. Yes, I have an iPhone and I'm just tired of it and want to go to an Android phone.

I've thought about the Tbolt, but when I heard about the battery life, that kind of turned me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.