Where to buy extra D2G battery

Mrs EB

Reaction score
I want to carry a backup battery and I think I want to avoid the extended battery given the reviews I've read.

What's a good deal for the real, new Motorola D2G battery? Thanks.

Reaction score
Well, you can get the stock BP6x on Amazon for like $6 plus shipping. But why on earth would you NOT get the extended battery? Mine gives me a day and a half of heavy use (constant MP3s for 8-10 hours, internet, texting, email) or close to 3 days of light use. This morning, my battery manager showed almost 10hrs of being unplugged, and I was at 90% battery....

Plainzwalker

Reaction score
Well, you can get the stock BP6x on Amazon for like $6 plus shipping. But why on earth would you NOT get the extended battery? Mine gives me a day and a half of heavy use (constant MP3s for 8-10 hours, internet, texting, email) or close to 3 days of light use. This morning, my battery manager showed almost 10hrs of being unplugged, and I was at 90% battery....

What brand is that extended battery? Also is there a case that is compatible with the extended battery (since I'm sure that it is a larger battery).

OP
M

Mrs EB

Reaction score
These reviews were not all that positive:

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Motorola / Verizon Droid 2 Extended Battery & Cover - 1860 mAh

Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Motorola Droid 2 A955 R2D2 A957 Extended Battery BP7X with Battery Door SJHN0513A

Even the tech guy at the Verizon Wireless store (VW itself, not an authorized retailer) recommended staying away from the extended life battery.

Reaction score
The battery works fine, and the remaining battery level is reported accurately. Do what you want, but I'd rather keep my one battery in my phone all the time than be popping my case off every day to swap in another battery; I've taken my case off twice since I got the phone. ANY case (that I've seen) will work with the extended battery, you just take the battery door off and get a perfect fit. I use the Seidio Innocase.

TwoBuells

Reaction score
If you want the extended battery get it. It will last you all day.
make sure you get the right color cover for your D2G
White or Blue
The extended battery will not fit into desktop charger/multimedia dock
make sure your case will fit with extended battery.
if not just get a second standard battery. You'll just have to get used to taking the door off to change it. The more you take the door off the easier it will get.

OP
M

Mrs EB

Reaction score
I don't have a dock; just a wall plug and a car charger. It seems the extended battery sold at VW comes with its own cover.

I just wanted to know where to get a good, reliable deal.

mrmattch3w

Reaction score
the extended battery fits in both the cardock and the desk charger so long as it is the desk charger for the droid 2s...the droid 1 dock works but only if you use the standard battery.

What suprised me even more is that the phone still fits with and extended battery AND case provided that you take out the removable plate in the dock. Same goes for the car dock =]

don't believe me? id be more than willing to take pics of all the scenarios lol