Bad Battery?

Killerhimsa

Reaction score
So I've had my Droid2G for a few weeks now and have rooted and flashed it with the latest fission rom. Ive been having the same battery problems most other d2g users have and charging it sometimes twice daily. I finally got fed up and purchased the extended battery from verizon.

So i think "Great, now i have a back up if i need it!" I charged both batteries using my phone, then the next day put in my stock battery and it was down to 15% charge! wtf? I charged it fully and it was just sitting there not doing anything and it lost its charge? I'm not sure if my D2G didn't charge it right or if its just a bad battery. Any input?

Nasa

Reaction score
look and see if you have extra things turned on like gps, bluetooth, wifi, check screen time out etc. look at your battery history and see where it got used the most.

Good Luck.

biknut1

Reaction score
Battery life, what else?

So I've had my Droid2G for a few weeks now and have rooted and flashed it with the latest fission rom.

Any input?

Go to the D2G forum and read the sticky at the top of the page entitled "My Battery Life Writeup." This guys gives several great suggestions, and tells you some things you can do without (or not, your choice.)

And if you find any unknown secrets, share them with the rest of us!

tebower

Reaction score
I can't speak to the OP's specific issues, but I did go to the Verizon store and swap my original battery out for a warranty replacement battery. My battery life has doubled on the standard battery. I had previously purchased an extended battery to address my battery life issues, but when I got the replacement standard battery, there was significant improvement. I am wondering if there was a bad batch somewhere.

OP
Killerhimsa

Killerhimsa

Reaction score
I figured out that flashing a rom can mess up your battery so it says it has less charge than it really has and vice versa. I put in the same battery weeks later and it said 90% lol

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

kickasz23

Reaction score
You need to wipe battery stats in clockwork every time you flash a rom or you will get bad battery life