Battery problem

mr.inter

Reaction score
I am using a 3500 mAh extended battery for my D2G and battery monitor widget has been showing me 1% battery for nearly 7 hours now. The phone's stock battery reader is showing 5% for a long time as well. It's 21.40 of September 14 now, and the phone has been away from a charger since 14.15 of yesterday (September 13). Even with the extended battery I used to charge my phone every single day, but now I may have noticed why I was not getting appropriate battery life, since presently my phone is spending a lot of time on 1%. I wiped the battery stats from recovery mode and it still shows 1% (battery monitor widget) and 5% (battery manager). What can I do please?

OP
mr.inter

mr.inter

Reaction score
I'm still on 1% and I have not turned it off at night and left it running @ 1305 mhz. I know that this is great battery life but how on earth it stays showing like this. I had already performed battery wipes after instakling GB.

OP
mr.inter

mr.inter

Reaction score
Exactly after posting the above post from DroidForums the battery died and I spent about ten minutes trying to turn it on when connected to charger. It seems that the battery was drained that much that the it had not enough juice to power the phone back on even when connected to charger.

biknut1

Reaction score
Exactly after posting the above post from DroidForums the battery died and I spent about ten minutes trying to turn it on when connected to charger. It seems that the battery was drained that much that the it had not enough juice to power the phone back on even when connected to charger.

Never heard of that happening! Is your charger a Moto charger? Most others won't deliver enough juice to charge the battery and run the phone. And if the battery is completely dead, I have had to wait a few minutes for it to reboot.

Are you rooted? You might try Battery Left app (not sure which one you have) and wipe the stats again. It does a pretty good job, but you need to let it run down a few times to get it accurate.

Hope that battery keeps on doing that for ya!

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
Most others won't deliver enough juice to charge the battery and run the phone.
This isn't true.

If you cut off a Motorola charger's plug and solder another one, you'll get the exact same results as with other chargers. The microUSB plug itself has a PCB built in with a resistor and a simple link between the data and power lines, that makes the phone recognise it as “stock”. TBH's “factory flashing cable” probably utilises the same circuitry built into a regular USB cable.

OP
mr.inter

mr.inter

Reaction score
No I have an aftermarket charger which is 3-pin and made for Europe. However that is not much of a concern to me. I am rooted and have always been using Battery Monitor Widget. Do you recommend BatteryCalibration from the Market? I have it installed and am planning to use it the first time my phone reaches 100%

OP
mr.inter

mr.inter

Reaction score
Everything seems to be ok now. I used BatteryCalibrator and wiped battery stats with CWM. Is 8% battery drop good after 3hr 55min away from charger with 30 minutes of display on?

Last edited:

biknut1

Reaction score
This isn't true.

If you cut off a Motorola charger's plug and solder another one, you'll get the exact same results as with other chargers. The microUSB plug itself has a PCB built in with a resistor and a simple link between the data and power lines, that makes the phone recognise it as “stock”. TBH's “factory flashing cable” probably utilises the same circuitry built into a regular USB cable.

While I confess to not giving this answer based on scientific data, I also confess that it was delivered from personal experience and from reading many other posts to the same effect. I tried a "discount" car charger- it worked, but it couldn't keep the battery charged and run GPS and navigation. Ordered a Moto charger from Amazon- no more problems.

I have also read many posts on this and other forums stating the same thing about wall chargers. What you say may be and probably is correct, but I don't posses that technical knowledge.

Gasai Yuno

Reaction score
My charger's cable was worn out and the wires inside were basically disconnecting on their own unless you held the cable in a certain way. It was right where the cable enters the flexible part of the microUSB plug.

I had to carefully disassemble the plug and found out about that small PCB inside it. It also made it possible to easily resolder the cable to the board.

Nasa

Reaction score
The 3500 battery is a lower voltage than the stock battery. I use battery left to see the voltage. I also used battery calibrator.

Love the big battery.
Sent with D2G GB rooted w/ GO Launcher & extended battery.

OP
mr.inter

mr.inter

Reaction score
I'm still on 1% and I have not turned it off at night and left it running @ 1305 mhz. I know that this is great battery life but how on earth it stays showing like this. I had already performed battery wipes after instakling GB.

The same problem is happening to me again. It's spending a lot of time on 1% with me trying to drain the battery as quickest as possible by leaving the screen on at maximum brightness, wifi and flash turned on and phone @1305mhz. Yesterday it dropped from 60% to 50% at one go. I have already performed battery wipes and also used BatteryCalibration as well.

OP
mr.inter

mr.inter

Reaction score
Update: I have used Battery Left and now it's 95% calibrated, but it's showing the same battery level as the system one when on low battery. For example when Battery Monitor Widget is 1%, the system battery level is 5%, but Battery Left shows 5% as well. The phone is still spending a long time on 1% (according to Battery Monitor Widget).

Any help please?

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!
This isn't true.

While I confess to not giving this answer based on scientific data, I also confess that it was delivered from personal experience and from reading many other posts to the same effect. I tried a "discount" car charger- it worked, but it couldn't keep the battery charged and run GPS and navigation. Ordered a Moto charger from Amazon- no more problems.

I have also read many posts on this and other forums stating the same thing about wall chargers. What you say may be and probably is correct, but I don't posses that technical knowledge.

There's a big difference between cheap from china and a quality one. It's not a matter of brand but quality.
You can't assume that because a moto worked and a cheap one didn't, that the moto is the only one that will charge... That's flawed logic! : P

OP
mr.inter

mr.inter

Reaction score
Update: I have used Battery Left and now it's 95% calibrated, but it's showing the same battery level as the system one when on low battery. For example when Battery Monitor Widget is 1%, the system battery level is 5%, but Battery Left shows 5% as well. The phone is still spending a long time on 1% (according to Battery Monitor Widget).

Any help please?

No one?

rubiksc00p

Reaction score
Somewhere on this amazing ball of creation!

Any help please?

I'm not familiar with those apps, but some measure in 1% increments and others 5%. Battery widget monitor I believe measures in 1% but system I know does it in 5%. If battery left measures in 5% then I think you're good. If not, try resetting the stats again and letting it drain. How long is it staying at 1%?