Where Is An App Like ESPN Sportscenter?

drew

Reaction score
I just uninstalled SportsTap because the widget wouldn't update and kept referencing a Jaguars game that happened two weeks ago. Just installed Google Scoreboard, but the Widget keeps saying "Not enough room on this home screen". How big does the widget need to be anyway??? Guess I'll keep looking into alternatives. I'm sure there should be a GOOD app available by Spring Training.

B

benwiggin2

You could just go to espn mobile on your browser, bookmark it, and then shortcut it to your desktop (homescreen?). Just like an app, really.

OP
NVash

NVash

Reaction score
Just installed Google Scoreboard, but the Widget keeps saying "Not enough room on this home screen". How big does the widget need to be anyway???
I had this exact same problem with Sportstap. Still I have no clue how to fix it. And its funny because there is not one Widget or App on said screen. There is nothing on said screen at all, so Im wondering how people are using it.

Last edited:

yah27

Reaction score
I liked sportstap until i realized it's constantly running in the background. I have to always go into application and close it, but it pops back up killing my valuable battery life. Given how slow the application is w/ the update and all, i uninstalled it. I'm waiting for ESPN and using live websites for the time being.

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sportstap is disappointing. It was running a half a period behind on most NHL games the other night I checked it, Even with it set to update scores every minute.

Home++ has the 'bookmark' icon on the bottom dock... I have NHL.com bookmarked and just check that for scores :)