Official ESPN Radio App Now Available

Deronn

Reaction score
First thing this morning, app description said would not work with Motorola Droid. Later in the day, was changed to read that now worked with Droid. Obviously things are still being corrected.

Is everyone who is having problems on 2.2?

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Its funny when a dev ask if you are rooted.

Any way just sent him alogcat so hopefully he can use that to get a fix on it.

linkboy

Reaction score
I'm going to hold off on purchasing this until the kinks gets worked out, but I do have one question.

My car radio has an auxilary port and if I hook my droid up to it while using this, will it play through my car stereo.

My local ESPN station went off the air about this time last year and nothing has stepped up to replace it :)icon_evil:).

I miss my ESPN radio.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
moodio.fm

atleast until they get it fixed.

AirKast

Reaction score
Hi All,

We are the developer of the ESPN Radio app for Android.

First of all, thanks to PilotCharles747 for pointing us to this forum.

We're glad there's so much excitement about the app's availability on Android. However, as some of you have mentioned, the app is a new release on this platform, so there are some kinks that we are still working through.

If you have purchased the app and are having trouble, please feel free to email us at [email protected], and we will help you (make sure your return address is valid and you're not spam blocking).

We will post a progress update on this forum in a couple of days; however, please note that we will not be monitoring the forum regularly, so email us if you have a question.

Thanks for your patience!

MrDizzle

Reaction score
Please please please anyone notify us when we have a froyo fix, I gotta have this app!

A.Brooks

Reaction score
I've been waiting on this, and waiting on this. I can keep waiting, that's okay by me. I'm stoked that they finally got off their butts and realized the pwn of Andriod > iSucks.

bump47

Reaction score
This app seems kind of pointless. There is an app called "Sports Radio Droid" and there is a free app and a paid one for 1.99. It has ESPN as well as about 40 other stations from around the country. I'm from Charlotte living in Atlanta right now and the Atlanta sports radio is absolutely terrible. Who would've thought that? Anyways, so I just hook my droid up to the radio and listen to the charlotte radio or ESPN. Way better than paying 5 bucks! Check it out and then buy it to support the dev!

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
I had the espnradio app on the iphone and IMO it was worth the money, especially if you are a sports radio guy. They have my log cat and I am rooted with froyo and running a custom rom. So if they are able to use my info to get a fix, it should fix a lot of the rooted droids. They have been gmailing me so if they send me a fix I will post it asap. The dev have been real supportive despite my angry out burst lol. They have given people an option to get their money back until its fixed.
I been waiting all this time for this app and begging for it so I am willing to do what ever it takes to get it working.

syxxpakc

Reaction score
I gotta agree with the $5 charge for an app , THAT DON'T WORK . Whether or not you're using a test build or stock , it should work either way . I'm sure they will fix it , but it's frustrating . I have been waiting for this app since they announced it for the I-piece-o-**** .

Are you kidding me? This is the risk you take with unreleased unofficial updates. You have no right to complain about an app not working on a build that isn't even released yet. Your logic is inane, so be glad the dev is actually working on a fix.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I gotta agree with the $5 charge for an app , THAT DON'T WORK . Whether or not you're using a test build or stock , it should work either way . I'm sure they will fix it , but it's frustrating . I have been waiting for this app since they announced it for the I-piece-o-**** .

Are you kidding me? This is the risk you take with unreleased unofficial updates. You have no right to complain about an app not working on a build that isn't even released yet. Your logic is inane, so be glad the dev is actually working on a fix.

I had the same problem with Touchdown when I rooted and jumped to 2.1...
Contacted the Dev and had a Fix that day....

syxxpakc, Why does it matter to you?

A.Brooks

Reaction score
This app seems kind of pointless. There is an app called "Sports Radio Droid" and there is a free app and a paid one for 1.99. It has ESPN as well as about 40 other stations from around the country. I'm from Charlotte living in Atlanta right now and the Atlanta sports radio is absolutely terrible. Who would've thought that? Anyways, so I just hook my droid up to the radio and listen to the charlotte radio or ESPN. Way better than paying 5 bucks! Check it out and then buy it to support the dev!
680 theFan is quite good, and 790 is more for the ethnic side of the sports fanbase which is massive in Atlanta, so I'd say the sports radio in Atlanta is just fine. They don't report on the panties though, so that may be a reason you don't care for it. Plus there's a ton of UGA love on the radio there too, which makes me want to gag, but the quality is good.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score

ACtually that is an official update. That is the source code sent out so all the devs can make sure their apps will work for it. To each his own if you do not want to root so be it. But whether I am rooted or not should not effect the app. And the market fix is not even helping so their is obviously some issue. Any way the developer is working on it so we can chill on the hating on the rooted users.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Looking at the comments they are having issues with nexus users as well. They are getting hounded in the comment section. They should lower the price lol and throw is Monday Night football ftw :D. Oh and a scrolling sports ticker widget.