Official ESPN Radio App Now Available

pilot25

Reaction score
use cherryr player. it's free and has WFAN. The only sports radio anyone needs. ESPN blows.

MrDizzle

Reaction score
Are you kidding me pilot25?!?! Colin Cowherd is a genius! Need this app on froyo bad!

matt212308

Reaction score
I gotta agree with the $5 charge for an app , THAT DON'T WORK . Whether or not you're using a test build or stock , it should work either way . I'm sure they will fix it , but it's frustrating . I have been waiting for this app since they announced it for the I-piece-o-**** .

Are you kidding me? This is the risk you take with unreleased unofficial updates. You have no right to complain about an app not working on a build that isn't even released yet. Your logic is inane, so be glad the dev is actually working on a fix.

+1

I think you can feel free to point out an issue to the developer if you are running an unofficial configuration, which is the case here, but I do not feel anyone has the right to complain and get upset if something does not work. Just because an OS version has been released to carriers for testing and not officially released to masses does not mean you should expect all apps to work for that release.

Technoman

Reaction score
moodio.fm

atleast until they get it fixed.

Everyone, RadioTime app has the ability to get stations (including ESPN locals) Plus SO MUCH MORE. I bought it for $2.99. I am NO fan of ESPN radio, as I have a better Sports talk station in DFW that kicks ESPN butt.

Try Radiotime... works great even ROOTED :)

Deronn

Reaction score
I got a follow up email from the developer.

"It appears that the rooting process seems to break the phone's ability to verify with the Google payment servers. We are trying to find a fix for this, and will have an update available by the beginning of the week."

I guess I'm not sure why Google is able to verify other applications through my rooted phone and not this one, but it looks like this should be taken care of shortly.

I'll update if I hear more.

sparty5389

Reaction score
Deronn, thanks for the info. I'll be keeping a close eye on this. This is the one thing I've really been waiting for for a long time. Can't wait!

pilot25

Reaction score
Cowherd is funny but the rest are tired and boring. ESPN needs to clean house and start over.

linkboy

Reaction score
Any update on this.

I'm not buying it until the problem is fixed.

Big Dawg 23

Reaction score
I have this on my iTouch and really like it. But since I have other radio apps and Siruis/XM with ESPN radio on it I might have to pass. Besides it also appears no reason to jump since my Droid is rooted.

UNC

Reaction score
So there is an issue with verifying the purchase?
I bought PoliceStream and in order to run it you must type in the Google Checkout receipt number to verify. Couldn't ESPN use this same type of verification, and work-around the in-market verification process?

Emailing suggestion right now.

Deronn

Reaction score
Just a follow up here - Application was updated this morning and now works like a charm on my rooted phone! No more issues. If you've been holding out - get it!

Deronn

Reaction score
About time this was released

Just so no one is confused, this review is for the ESPN score center, not the ESPN radio app. Radio app has podcasts, sports ticker at the bottom of the screen and access the National radio feed as well as ESPN Deportes, ESPN News, ESPN New York, Chicago, Pittsburgh, Dallas, LA, Washington, and Honolulu.

pc747

Rescue Squad
Reaction score
thanks for the headz up, my rooted droid now runs espn radio..........what are the chances of theming it lol.

MrDizzle

Reaction score
My rooted froyo droid still won't authorize purchase wtf :*(