When is Motorola sending the Droid Bionic OTA?

seriousfix

Reaction score
I need to know as I found directions on how to root from a Windows machine and don't want to miss my window.

http://thegadgets.net/2011/09/10/how-to-root-the-droid-bionic/

Thank you.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

wseyller

Reaction score
There is no race to beat the ota. Just Don't install the ota and you will be able to root anytime after an update notification.

gsDroid

Reaction score
There has been a rumor going around that an OTA update will close the exploit that allows rooting on the Bionic. I think you should just go ahead and root. If such an update exists you would be able to block it and even edit the files to indicate you have already received the update so it doesn't keep bugging you.

OP
S

seriousfix

Reaction score
The article I linked had the rumor. Downloaded the root stuff. Thinking about rooting, though this thing is pretty sweet as is. What pros would come of rooting before custom ROMs available?

BL4Z3D247

Reaction score
^ Basically running apps that need root access to run.

Sent from my DROID using DroidForums

lilhill

Reaction score
Will having removed app such as Blockbuster and the Vcast apps matter when an OTA update comes?

wanta99gtr

Reaction score
How did you unroot. I rooted using
Petes one click motorola. Worked great. Then I removed adw launcher and tried to unroot and it says could not identify your device as a verizon Droid 3?

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

wanta99gtr

Reaction score
Cool that got it. The part that was hanging me up was restore system yes or no. no for a phone other than Droid 3. I was deakin for a sec. I want a bug fix ota and thought I was screwed. Thanks doc. And uh, like always you can mail the bill. Lol.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

OP
S

seriousfix

Reaction score
thanks, all. decided not to root yet. yea yea ... wuss ... i know. waiting for some custom roms.