Anyone Not Able to Tether? (Even with Hack?)

jtsativa420

Reaction score
Yes it does, but only through usb. We are referring to wireless tethering and for free! :) What's the hold up on rooting?

shooter

Reaction score
Yes it does, but only through usb. We are referring to wireless tethering and for free! :) What's the hold up on rooting?

I figure USB and $10 is a cheap alternative to get it now...

I'm waiting for a Cyanogenmod version for the Bionic to root it. Had Cyanogen for the Droid 1 and loved it.

jtsativa420

Reaction score
Yes it was a very nice rom. I installed it for a friend of mine and played with it for a few days. You can still root now, remove bloat and tether for free. Then when the mod drops you are just a flash away.

bronskrat

Reaction score
BTW, PDANet also works for USB tether but blocks 443 in the free version. The full version costs like $16 too! I know this thread is about wireless but I thought I'd spread this around anyway.

jjbinks82

Reaction score
I've rooted, installed, unstalled the various Unleashed roms then reverted back to stock several times back and forth and have used the SQLITE hack everytime.

With each installation and hack I've had to utilize a different method (changing the IP address, security channels, etc) each time to get a connection and have always been able connect.

During my trials I learned I could always connect regardless of the tweeks using the SQLITE hack when I didn't secure my connection.

Try the SQLITE hack but dont secure your connection with a password. Just let it be unsecured and change your device connections from 8 to 2.

With your line unsecured don't worry about someone milking off of your connection (which is why you need to set it to 2). With you're laptop connected it leaves only one open connection.

Any additional devices that connects after your second port is taken connects to you're Bionic but will not connect to the net and take bandwidth. I'd connect an iPod or something myself so that second port is taken. For extra security you can always kill the hotspot when you're not using it too.

Another option for security is to set your options on your Bionic to only allow specific devices via their MAC addresses. Even with an unsecured connection only MAC addresses saved on your Bionic will receive a connection.

Hope this works for you.

Shot to you from my EVER DEFIANT ROOTED DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

Cooly1911

Reaction score
I have a rooted bionic as well. The only thing you need is sql editor and the stog 3g hotspt app. Set the entitlement check field to 0 and reboot phone. the best settings i have found is channel 1 and client (DHCP) start address to 192.168.22.2 from the default 192.168.42.2. save and restart hot spot. It is a little touchy at first connect so you may have to reset hotspot after you have saved the wireless network into your computer.

Thanks , this helped alot!!!

jtsativa420

Reaction score
I have a rooted bionic as well. The only thing you need is sql editor and the stog 3g hotspt app. Set the entitlement check field to 0 and reboot phone. the best settings i have found is channel 1 and client (DHCP) start address to 192.168.22.2 from the default 192.168.42.2. save and restart hot spot. It is a little touchy at first connect so you may have to reset hotspot after you have saved the wireless network into your computer.

Thanks
,this helped alot!!!

no problem. care to thank me with a like? :)

chap87

Reaction score
I've never had a problem tethering even before I was rooted which was a couple weeks ago.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums