Whats the Temperature!!??

JP 5.56

Reaction score
OK so.... I've got Beautiful Widgets and Weatherbug Elite. I noticed they were giving me different temps. I set them both to refresh at 15 minute intervals.

Still... BW says its 95 out, WB says its 102, and if I go to weather.com, it tells me its 108 outside!

Can either of these apps be trusted to be accurate? Am I missing something?

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Get a beer. Average the results. Be content that it's god awful hot outside. You do realize, I hope, that the temperature may vary according to location of a particular thermometer and update schedule.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
Still... BW says its 95 out, WB says its 102, and if I go to weather.com, it tells me its 108 outside!

Yup. You're missing that they don't measure the temp at the exact same spot using the exact same equipment. Especially in major cities like the one I live in, temperature can vary depending on your actual location within the city.

Try this exercise:

Try a weather map like Weather Underground's Wundermap (one that shows temperatures from various stations). Do all the measuring stations have the exact same temperature for your area? Probably not.
http://www.wunderground.com/wundermap/

Last edited:

DC4MVP

Reaction score
Ever notice when you're driving down the road and you're vehicle says 85 degrees and you pass a bank and that marquee says 87 degrees...there's a 2 degree difference yet you're 20 feet apart...

Same thing...just two different measuring devices like someone said.

PetRiLJoe

Reaction score
It's true, temp measurements are not the same as speed measurements. They can vary where we expect our cars to go what the speedometer says, because we rely on it to stay under the speed limit.

I was kind of hoping this thread was going to have something to do with the applications reporting the battery temperature incorrectly, because I can get multiple measurements from different apps and I'd like to know why the difference is *always* so far off... I don't know which one is reliable :(

debacle

Reaction score
OK so.... I've got Beautiful Widgets and Weatherbug Elite. I noticed they were giving me different temps. I set them both to refresh at 15 minute intervals.

My adivce:

MOVE

Thats to damn hot outside.

TheDJ

Reaction score
I think their is problem with BW or it polling from the source, take a look at the other thread regarding this issue.

Mine has always worked (of course a few degrees off here and there,) but has not moved for one day and others having the same issue.