What is an acceptable battery temperature

will.anaya

Reaction score
i have never noticed this before until i download batteryDetective from the market and noticed that my battery temp reached 95F right away.

what is normal for a battery temperature and when should i get worried?

i recently had my Droid replaced due to an unfortunate accident between my original Droid and 40+ vehicles, needless to say, my Droid lost but it seemed my original battery was still intact as well as the memory card

so my new replacement seems a litter strange to me especially the battery temp.

also, should i try to charge the old battery in my new droid to see if it works? there are no cracks, or at least to the naked eye, but there are slight indentions on the battery.

hAHAha Halo

Reaction score
I'd like to know too! My Droid is running at 109.4F according to Battery Detective! VizBattery confirmed it, too!

DrScrubs

Reaction score
With absolutely no use, mine sits around 27C. With moderate use it can get up to 35C. Heavy use has gotten it to 45C. I hear that above 50C is getting risky. Phone can start to reboot cycle beyond 60C.

lovick5557

Reaction score
Phone Temp Concerns

With absolutely no use, mine sits around 27C. With moderate use it can get up to 35C. Heavy use has gotten it to 45C. I hear that above 50C is getting risky. Phone can start to reboot cycle beyond 60C.

My question for DrScrubs. In your quote above, are you speaking of battery temp or CPU temp? If you are speaking of battery, what is are the temp specs for the CPU?