what's all the hype about ?

F

FlyFishinX2

doesn't seem like anything special to me and seems like it will be outdated as soon as the newer 4g phones in the works come out in a month or two. I'm gonna wait and not burn my phone credit yet.

rajuabju

Reaction score
If thats the case, you should just wait until quadcore phones with 2gb ram come out

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
doesn't seem like anything special to me and seems like it will be outdated as soon as the newer 4g phones in the works come out in a month or two. I'm gonna wait and not burn my phone credit yet.
There are several Thunderbolt comparisons out there, it's whatever works for you. As for newer phones coming out, it happens all the time. If you're always going to hold out for another new phone, as soon as you get it, another one will be announced.

OP
F

FlyFishinX2

There are several Thunderbolt comparisons out there, it's whatever works for you. As for newer phones coming out, it happens all the time. If you're always going to hold out for another new phone, as soon as you get it, another one will be announced.

can't argue with that. I'm just hoping top get a phone that will feel a little more cutting edge than the tbolt seems to be. I'm also hoping that with whatever phone I buy I don't feel the need to upgrade before my next credit becomes available

funkyb

Reaction score

Agreed. Sure the Bionic w/ Dual Core will have some added appeal, but I've had my current phone for 3 years and am ready to upgrade now. If I wait for the Bionic, what's to say I shouldn't wait for the HTC Shooter or something quad...and who knows when we're loosing unlimited data offerings. For me, the bottom line is the HTC TB is a damn nice phone that has everything I need (and then some). I can't wait to get it.

hemorrdroid

Reaction score

can't argue with that. I'm just hoping top get a phone that will feel a little more cutting edge than the tbolt seems to be. I'm also hoping that with whatever phone I buy I don't feel the need to upgrade before my next credit becomes available

Good luck with that, I've yet to have that happen in the last 10 years.

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score

Well, then wait. I'm not sure where you saw the Thunderbolt that makes it not cutting edge looking. Due diligence is the best advice I can give you. I had a Droid when it was first introduced in November 2009. It did me very well, and although new phones came out after it, there wasn't many features that really made me want to upgrade at all until the Thunderbolt. Now I'm eligible to upgrade so I'm getting it, and I don't think I'll be stuck with a relic when I'm eligible again in another 20 months.

alboboy10

Reaction score
Outdated how? lol the whole point of this phone is that it is the first 4G phone...for verizon at least

OP
F

FlyFishinX2

Well, then wait. I'm not sure where you saw the Thunderbolt that makes it not cutting edge looking. Due diligence is the best advice I can give you. I had a Droid when it was first introduced in November 2009. It did me very well, and although new phones came out after it, there wasn't many features that really made me want to upgrade at all until the Thunderbolt. Now I'm eligible to upgrade so I'm getting it, and I don't think I'll be stuck with a relic when I'm eligible again in another 20 months.

I know what you mean , I've got an upgrade burning a hole in my pocket right now and am not sure if I can hold out and not go with this thing or not . I'm planning on stopping at the VZW store later today to oogle the tbolt and may end up with an impulse buy even though I'm trying to resist the urge

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score

If you had read the 8 kazillion threads you would know that it's special becuz it's 4G has craploads of space has a front facing camera and is completely unlocked.

Regarding saving your upgrade, i hope you love your current phone because there will always be a "better, newer" one right around the corner.

OP
F

FlyFishinX2

so what is it about the tbolt that makes you feel like upgrading all of a sudden ?

Kack

Reaction score
i bought it on a 1 year contract! the wife has an upgrade available in August so i think i may get the hottest thing then to.

OP
F

FlyFishinX2

If you had read the 8 kazillion threads you would know that it's special becuz it's 4G has craploads of space has a front facing camera and is completely unlocked.

Regarding saving your upgrade, i hope you love your current phone because there will always be a "better, newer" one right around the corner.

to be honest I hate my current phone and don't understand what it means to unlock a phhone ,,,,obviously I'm a smart phone newb

rlfitz

Reaction score
if you are gonna wait for the new model because its better, you will always be waiting because there will always be a better one on the horizon. thats what a one year contract is for.

OP
F

FlyFishinX2

if you are gonna wait for the new model because its better, you will always be waiting because there will always be a better one on the horizon. thats what a one year contract is for.

just looked on the VZW website and the TBOLT would be 149.99 for me on a 2 year plan , didn't find a price for 1 year