why havent verizon or htc fixed it yet?

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Install GPS Status from the market, then: Menu -> Tools -> Manage AGPS -> Reset Menu -> Tools -> Manage AGPS -> Download

Enjoy GPS.
I've been using GPS Status for quite some time because of c:geo for geocaching. I was not aware of the procedure you mentioned above, but I tried it and it worked great. Thanks for the good info.

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Worked for me too. Gps lock almost intant

ridin the lighting

blueconnect

Reaction score
Having the same GPS issue, takes for ever or more generally never locks. After the update still no change. Until now. Menu - settings - applications - running services - SyncService stopped this service. GPS has been working great since. Ive reset and power cycle the phone a few times and GPS locks location in a few seconds.

djmwilliams1

Reaction score
According to another forum (Drippler) the fix is being worked on ny HTC and Verizon.

HTC, Verizon working on ThunderBolt reboots by Phil Nickinson When it comes to the HTC ThunderBolt, probably our biggest gripe is the spate of reboots. Look down, and, yep, there it goes again. It's one thing if it's a hacked phone with nightly builds --and another if it's a stock consumer release. But the good news is that some whiny blogger whined about it on Twitter, and Verizon responded with what you see above. Not that we had any doubt that HTC and Verizon are working to squash a bug or three, but it is nice to see it publicly. Source: Twitter; More: ThunderBolt forums (1, 2, 3, 4)

HOUSTON THUNDERBOLT

yakitori

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I need a Twitter account so maybe my gripes will be heard lol.

ridin the lighting