what's all the hype about ?

OP
F

FlyFishinX2

if you are gonna wait for the new model because its better, you will always be waiting because there will always be a better one on the horizon. thats what a one year contract is for.

if you go with a 1 year plan when does the phone credit become available ?

alboboy10

Reaction score
The whole notion of waiting for the next one...is like waiting for the perfect woman when you have a perfectly good one in front of you. Better things will always come out, fortunately with phones you can change it again a year or two if you feel like it'll be outdated.

I had a D1, I HAVE a DX, just finished ordering my TB.

The reason I ordered it? I played with an inspire 4G and there was no way I could keep playing around with Motorola motorblur, Sense is just beautiful in every SENSE. Smooth. Great. I don't care about dual core, don't care about triple core, won't be using all those cors anyway. Bionic will be the first dual core phone so it's untested technology.

The snapdragon processor is well known for how well it works, they compared it to the iphone's ios and it beat it, this one is a SECOND generation snapdragon so it's improved.

A car that has 250 horsepower won't always be faster than a car that has 200 horsepower. It's all about engineering, and this phone was engineered to near perfection IMO (except that damn battery life)

RW-1

Silver Member
Reaction score
Do you have 4G in your area?

I don't, so any newer phone is not going to take advantage of it.

If I tire of my D1, I may upgrade, but it isn't a burning urge for the aforementioned reasons. :)

metzor

Reaction score
The whole notion of waiting for the next one...is like waiting for the perfect woman when you have a perfectly good one in front of you. Better things will always come out, fortunately with phones you can change it again a year or two if you feel like it'll be outdated.

The reason I ordered it? I played with an inspire 4G and there was no way I could keep playing around with Motorola motorblur, Sense is just beautiful in every SENSE. Smooth. Great. I don't care about dual core, don't care about triple core, won't be using all those cors anyway. Bionic will be the first dual core phone so it's untested technology.

The snapdragon processor is well known for how well it works, they compared it to the iphone's ios and it beat it, this one is a SECOND generation snapdragon so it's improved.

A car that has 250 horsepower won't always be faster than a car that has 200 horsepower. It's all about engineering, and this phone was engineered to near perfection IMO (except that damn battery life)

+1

Also, comparing phones to women: we have officially over-geeked ourselves on this forum.

:)

What I say to the people who relentlessly tell me I should wait for the bionic is, the bionic may be faster with it's dual cores, that does not mean the TB won't be blazing fast (it will be). I'm a huge fan of Sense, and my friends Incredibles, so the TB is the natural choice for me.

OP
F

FlyFishinX2

If I tire of my D1, I may upgrade, but it isn't a burning urge for the aforementioned reasons. :)

4g isn't in my area yet it's just this burning urge to ditch my crappy phone and burn my NE2 ...the more I talk about it the more I'm feeling I'll take the plunge today

sincerity

Reaction score
gah im so torn...love my OG Droid, but dont' know if I could do without physical keyboard. :(

metzor

Reaction score
gah im so torn...love my OG Droid, but dont' know if I could do without physical keyboard. :(

I'm "lucky" in that sense, my physical keyboard has been next to useless for about the last 6 months. Not sure what happened, but the glue underneath the keyboard must have melted somehow, now the keys are just a raised sheet of plastic that makes typing the equivalent of walking uphill waist deep in molasses. Can't wait for the bigger screen for my virtual keyboard dancedroid

Kack

Reaction score

4g isn't in my area yet it's just this burning urge to ditch my crappy phone and burn my NE2 ...the more I talk about it the more I'm feeling I'll take the plunge today[/quote}

I felt the same way so i just bought it,

sincerity

Reaction score
yea perhaps the larger screen would make virtual keyboard better....I just hate to go from gingerbread to sense...although I'm sure it wont take long for hte devs to roll it out

lee__D

Reaction score

I'm "lucky" in that sense, my physical keyboard has been next to useless for about the last 6 months. Not sure what happened, but the glue underneath the keyboard must have melted somehow, now the keys are just a raised sheet of plastic that makes typing the equivalent of walking uphill waist deep in molasses. Can't wait for the bigger screen for my virtual keyboard dancedroid
same thign w/ my droid, i still struggle to use it tho lol...but my thunderbolt should be here at woprk tomorrow.

jb804

Reaction score
Buying a new cell phone in today's market is like buying a new car, as soon as you walk out of the store your phones value decline and technology becomes outdated. That's why you need to do your research before you buy!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums App

alboboy10

Reaction score

+1

Also, comparing phones to women: we have officially over-geeked ourselves on this forum.

:)

What I say to the people who relentlessly tell me I should wait for the bionic is, the bionic may be faster with it's dual cores, that does not mean the TB won't be blazing fast (it will be). I'm a huge fan of Sense, and my friends Incredibles, so the TB is the natural choice for me.

HAHA ye bad comparison with women, but it was the first that could pop into my mind...besides just ordered the phone and was overly excited.

The real reason I got this phone was cause I played with my girlfriends inspire, and while playing with it....I thought, hmmm this has less pixels than my phone but looks better screen quality wise. Why is her internet so much smoother and gives me less problems. Wow, this interface is beautiful. Don't get me wrong the DX is an amazing phone, but the thing it's lacking, 4G...which is the biggest thing that pushed me over the edge, considering 4G is free as now to upgrade, why would I wait a month or two for the next phone when Verizon can decide to charge people for it. I wanted to lock in and make sure, I like playing it safe.

alboboy10

Reaction score
P.s. Studies have shown that physical keyboards can cause you to develop arthritis in time. A problem that doesn't exist with touch screen phones cause you're not constantly pressing down, u just tap on the screen and no stress is put on your thumbs. Considering I've had months where I had a total of 8000 texts, little things like that are important to me lol. I had the D1, never actually used the physical keyboard unless I typed in a different language than english which it did not have a dictionary for.

slinky

Reaction score

I thought the same! I have an X and its surprisingly easy.
Don't laugh... believe it or not, for the moment, I'm using a Blackberry Curve.

That said, I cannot believe how much better it is to use the physical keyboard again. The portrait view keyboard makes emailing miles easier to use and a touch keyboard is just not comparable, although usable. The touch keyboard can drive you crazy since it is heavily dependent upon word correction. Sometimes it will choose the wrong word and you end up having to correct it manually, enter the wrong word in your dictionary, etc. Noticeably larger time waste, more than I thought.

If you do a good amount of emails, the Droid Pro with a high resolution screen (and better juice and use time) would have been ideal for me. Also needs a better stock email app and delivery if it wants to compete with the Blackberry. Just IMHO...