Whats a good way to save your Battery?

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
jpcalhoun said:
You may be right about blue...I was using that as an example of a dark screen...it might have been a bad example if taken literally.

Actually, you were right...dark colors especially black and blue use less battery. Light colors... whites & yellows use more battery. That is why you see many more app themes with black and blue backgrounds these days.

moset

Reaction score
http://www.oled-info.com/tags/power_consumption

According to this article blue has the lowest luminous efficiency thus requiring the most current. I have read this several places. Black is basically off using no current. There is an app called black Google that uses black background with white text. Other apps have dark themes that do the same thing.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

sen1983

Reaction score
at work, i am using 2G & wifi both, 2 gmail, 1 pop up mail sync, also these apps sync on ; twitter, facebook, viber, whatsapp, gtalk, etc. playing game, web browsing, sms, phone calling, after %50 down, i am using smart actions-which best app i ve ever seen, in my opinion- when screen off, smart actions disconnect 2G & wifi.

as a result, i am hard user i think, so last battery usage; 1 day 17 -which is perfect for me.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Moset, I stand corrected... you are so right and very very interesting. I have been mislead all this time and chose black and blues as often as possible. And it appears green is the most power efficient of the colors red, blue or green...

“OLED Power Efficiency: While LCDs are not very power efficient, they are still currently more power efficient than OLEDs for producing bright high Average Picture Level APL images. For dark low APL images OLEDs are very efficient and LCDs very inefficient. So OLED Power Efficiency and Power Management strategies become very important for bright images because they are using lots of battery power (and generating heat). By far the most significant issue is that Green OLEDs are 12 times more power efficient than Blue OLEDs and 1.8 times more efficient than Red OLEDs at producing visible light (Luminance) for a given amount of display power (Watts). In fact, Blue OLEDs consume more power than Green OLEDs but generate only 9 percent of Green OLED Brightness (Luminance). This tremendous imbalance means that images with lots of Green content are much more power efficient. It also means that color mixtures all come with a power penalty. In fact, color calibration of an OLED display so that it matches the sRGB / Rec.709 Standard would require complex color mixtures that will have noticeably higher power demands, which may make OLED calibration challenging in the near future for mobile displays until the OLED efficiencies (or battery power) increase significantly."

Source: http://www.displaymate.com/OLED_Galaxy_S123_ShootOut_1.htm

moset

Reaction score
I personally think screen on time is the real comparison. Unless you are streaming video or such and/or are in a very bad signal area the RAZR uses very little power except for screen. How much screen on time can you get.

I get about 6 hours screen use on a charge. That might be 8 or 10 hours or 20 hours total.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
Yes, with my Maxx I would get about 6-8 hours screen on time and usually 30 hours battery. With my M, I usually get about 24-30 hours battery with 4-6 hours screen on time...depending on what I'm doing with that screen time.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3
bohemouth said:
hahaha! Tis you are always needed! :D

Hahaha, thanks bohemoth! And you also! I have to tell you, I learn great things on here everyday!