JB update sucking my Maxx battery dry.

ultraoliver

Reaction score
Since the JB update I've noticed the OS is using about 32% of the battery. I have about half the battery life as on ICS. Any tools to help save some battery.

woodywoodpacker

Reaction score
I have the same... :( After updating to JB my battery is much weaker. At the same settings - consumes 50% more battery life. WIFI and the system consumes a lot more energy.

evan2001

Reaction score
Since most people have not found that. Even myself. I would try a factory reset and or check apps that maybe are not updated to JB

JazzyDroid4

Reaction score
I'm going to check my apps and see if that's the issue.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Forum Runner

devdeuce

Reaction score
Have the same problem, I am on RAZR no maxx. Tried FDR and it didn't help battery life. It did help smoothness but not battery. Right now I've turned off google now to see if that makes any difference.

usmc111111

Reaction score
I had that problem for a few days, did a FDR and no better but after about 4 days it smoothed out and was better than ICS, so just give it a little bit before you mess with it too much

devdeuce

Reaction score
I had that problem for a few days, did a FDR and no better but after about 4 days it smoothed out and was better than ICS, so just give it a little bit before you mess with it too much

I was hoping that'd be the case, but it's been about a week, I did however forget to change it off of global until today, so I'll see if that helps

usmc111111

Reaction score
I was hoping that'd be the case, but it's been about a week, I did however forget to change it off of global until today, so I'll see if that helps

I did that on 2nd day I think, didn't notice immediate improvement

juv3

Reaction score
I did that on 2nd day I think, didn't notice immediate improvement
I rooted on ICS and used ota rootkeeper than upgraded manualy putting the OTA on the external sd card, once i booted for the first time i imediatly had a motorola system file forclose so i turned the phine off did a factory reset from stock recovery, the phone's definitely smother, faster and better battery life

aarong03

Reaction score
I rooted on ICS and used ota rootkeeper than upgraded manualy putting the OTA on the external sd card, once i booted for the first time i imediatly had a motorola system file forclose so i turned the phine off did a factory reset from stock recovery, the phone's definitely smother, faster and better battery life

Were you on 211 stock or 215 leak?

woodywoodpacker

Reaction score
Will restore factory settings be back to android 4.0.4? I see consumption increased by about 15 percent by day!! For example, at night, in the standby mode previously consumed a maximum of two percent of the batteries. Now it's almost 10!

aarong03

Reaction score
Will restore factory settings be back to android 4.0.4? I see consumption increased by about 15 percent by day!! For example, at night, in the standby mode previously consumed a maximum of two percent of the batteries. Now it's almost 10!

There is no going back to ICS once you are on either JB releases.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

aarong03

Reaction score
You have to be on 211 since 215 was never a recognized release so you can't upgrade from that one. You need to roll back to 211.

Yes, I know that. I'm just wondering if I do go back, will I get the OTA update. I guess its a chance to i might take, but I'm not sure if I want to yet. I mean, is the release been sent out to all people yet, or not?

Yeti35

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S8+ w/ a Tech 21 case
Yes, I know that. I'm just wondering if I do go back, will I get the OTA update. I guess its a chance to i might take, but I'm not sure if I want to yet. I mean, is the release been sent out to all people yet, or not?
It is out and you will get it if you go back to 211. There is already an update out for those of us on HD's to make our version up to date version wise with the one released to Maxx and Razr owners. You can postpone it if you want or just stay on 215 if you have reservations. I liked it when I put the Christmas leak on my Maxx and I liked 215 before that. I had no issues with either version on my Maxx. I have to wonder if those having issues with it had issues prior to the upgrade. Seems like that is the case most times.