What to do with 6 phones??

ShadowWulf

Reaction score
Ok for a variety of reasons (mostly verizon screw ups and replacement phones) im now sitting on SIX (6) android phones, and I havent a clue what to do with em....

:droideris: 3x ERIS (all overclocked and rooted, one is running 2.2 froyo now...)
:motdroidvert: 2x Droids (Both running bugless beast 0.4 overclocked at 1.2ghz)
:greendroid: 1x LG Ally (My wifes now, after the issues with the eris its free, not rooted YET im waiting for a more stable method)

Sooo, wtf do I do with these? 1x Droid is my daily phone, rock solid, the others are running google voice and work as VOIP phones on wifi of course.

I guess i need a project, I wish they had radio's in em or IR ports to be used as a universal remote but alas not. So im scrounging for ideas on projects and fun stuff to do with em, but so far nobody has any useful advice on the matter elsewhere.

(Also, no you cant have one, I want project ideas not welfare please)

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Sounds like something worthwhile putting on ebay to me. I mean what else can you do? You can send me one if you like. ;)

Corinacakes

Super Moderator
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean. If you got replacements why didn't you return the other ones?

bje1982

Reaction score
Ok for a variety of reasons (mostly verizon screw ups and replacement phones) im now sitting on SIX (6) android phones, and I havent a clue what to do with em....

:droideris: 3x ERIS (all overclocked and rooted, one is running 2.2 froyo now...)
:motdroidvert: 2x Droids (Both running bugless beast 0.4 overclocked at 1.2ghz)
:greendroid: 1x LG Ally (My wifes now, after the issues with the eris its free, not rooted YET im waiting for a more stable method)

Sooo, wtf do I do with these? 1x Droid is my daily phone, rock solid, the others are running google voice and work as VOIP phones on wifi of course.

I guess i need a project, I wish they had radio's in em or IR ports to be used as a universal remote but alas not. So im scrounging for ideas on projects and fun stuff to do with em, but so far nobody has any useful advice on the matter elsewhere.

(Also, no you cant have one, I want project ideas not welfare please)

Id sell them.. Off topic but "verizon screw ups and replacements"? when you get a replacement you have to send the old one back so how do you still have these?

OP
S

ShadowWulf

Reaction score
I consitered ebay but im not sure how much droids and ERIS especially would go for rooted and overclocked.

Id kind of prefer a PROJECT for at least one or two also, something to do...but im drawing a blank today. :icon_evil:

EDIT: I dont know, i forgot about them, then a few months later went into the shop and asked them (actual tech/repair location also) and they say they have no record of them NOT being returned so they said I wont get billed. (I didnt tell them they were in my pockets).

But yea, 4 months later no charges and they say im ok...so...whatever its cool when verizon screws up sometimes.

Last edited:

tktouch12

Reaction score
how do you still have them?, and do they have good esn's?

i guess i'd sell them, i could take an eris off your hands..

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean. If you got replacements why didn't you return the other ones?

exactly if they are replacements from verizon and you dont return the old one you will be charged full retail...

heres the prices you should have been charged or will be charged if you keep them

Motorola Droid - $559.99
Motorola Devour - $479.99
HTC Eris - $469.99

bje1982

Reaction score
EDIT: I dont know, i forgot about them, then a few months later went into the shop and asked them (actual tech/repair location also) and they say they have no record of them NOT being returned so they said I wont get billed. (I didnt tell them they were in my pockets).

But yea, 4 months later no charges and they say im ok...so...whatever its cool when verizon screws up sometimes.

Red flag :icon_exclaim:.....

OP
S

ShadowWulf

Reaction score
I can turn any of them on (though it will deactivate which ever one was on that previously, only one at a time per line aparently) But yes i can activate any of them.

The eris at 728 MHZ is decent, but the ally at stock still FEELS faster, and the droid just blows em all away. Im seriously tempted by a droid X or Incredible though (I just know pete is going to whip something up....).

Ha so no ideas besides resale eh? How come gizsmodo runs an article about 9 things to do with retired 2g/3g iPhones but there isnt a damn thing with a retired android phone to be found besides VOiP phones and a fancy ipod?

Last edited:

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score

dont hold your breath on this one they always find out.... the same thing happened to me when i had a blackberry replaced and i got a bill over 2 years later for the phone.

bje1982

Reaction score
I can turn any of them off (though it will deactivate which ever one was on that previously, only one at a time per line aparently) But yes i can activate any of them.

The eris at 728 MHZ is decent, but the ally at stock still FEELS faster, and the droid just blows em all away. Im seriously tempted by a droid X or Incredible though (I just know pete is going to whip something up....).

Ha so no ideas besides resale eh? How come gizsmodo runs an article about 9 things to do with retired 2g/3g iPhones but there isnt a damn thing with a retired android phone to be found besides VOiP phones and a fancy ipod?

I got it!!!!!!! Your project should be unrooting those 6 phones, boxing them up and shipping them to Verizon before you get a bill for $3000 dancedroid

Martin030908

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I can turn any of them on (though it will deactivate which ever one was on that previously, only one at a time per line aparently) But yes i can activate any of them.

You only need 1 Android device :)

iPhones need an excuse to live longer....

just playing around :)