what phone do should i get. current phone droid 1

slikster9012

Reaction score
i was thinking of gettin a new phone but im not sure which one to get. i was thinking either the X or 2. i have the droid one right now im ok with it got it rooted. i dont know much about rooted phones, but i do know enough to tell the difrence when its rooted and when i change roms

Last edited:

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
IMHO the droid 2 isnt much of and upgrade over the D1... in a month youll be kicking yourself in the butt because your stuck with the same phone you already had.

I personally think the fascinate is the best phone available from verizon right right now. Yes i know people hate Microsoft Bing Search but thats easily removed for google search.

droider4life

Reaction score
+1 on the wait. There is talk of some awesome new phones in the future.

xliderider

Reaction score
Depends. If you live and work in areas with decent signal, get the Fascinate.

If you will use it in weak signal areas, get the X.

I just reluctantly returned my Fascinate today for an X. I live and work in low signal areas. If the Fascinate had a slightly better radio, I would have kept it for sure.

My wife is keeping her Fascinate. She had a Droid Eris, need I say more? :D. For her, the Fascinate is a great phone.

JohnnyD359

Reaction score
I had the D1,went to the X because I had an upgrade,and my fiance had a blackberry storm that wasnt cutting it. I can tell you I wish Id kept the D1,do not upgrade to the X,it isnt enough of a change,and the droid 2 is even less.....wait for something better....esp since your already rooted...the D1 has a way better external speaker,GPS signal,and battery life than the X does...it also has a better touch screen,the Xs is very finicky,and cant handle any moisture,and freezes a lot...

Jonny Kansas

Administrator
Staff member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Website
www.google.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
jonny_ks
I had the D1,went to the X because I had an upgrade,and my fiance had a blackberry storm that wasnt cutting it. I can tell you I wish Id kept the D1,do not upgrade to the X,it isnt enough of a change,and the droid 2 is even less.....wait for something better....esp since your already rooted...the D1 has a way better external speaker,GPS signal,and battery life than the X does...it also has a better touch screen,the Xs is very finicky,and cant handle any moisture,and freezes a lot...

Really? My x is WAY more responsive than my overclocked d1 was.

The speaker COULD be louder, but it's loud enough for me.

Now, when I use my cousin's d1, I find myself squinting and having trouble pressing things on the smaller screen.

I love my dx and wouldn't go back for the world.

Just my opinion.

Emitted from X.

xkape

Premium Member
Premium Member
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Keep the D1. I'd wait as well till 1st quarter 2011. I think that if you do, you will look back on this day and say "man I'm glad I waited". Then again, in 2nd quarter 2011 you will probably say "man I wish I would have waited another 3 months".

Just the way technology goes.

tgs3838

Reaction score
Id just hold on to the D1. Mine broke so i had to use my upgrade and i got the D2. Its a very nice phone. But probably not worth using an upgrade for. I was trying to hold out as long as i could. Because i know they will probably have some nice phones coming out over the next few months into next year.

bomber889

Reaction score
don't wait. new phones will always be coming out and you'll always be wanting the latest greatest one.

Bateluer

Reaction score
don't wait. new phones will always be coming out and you'll always be wanting the latest greatest one.

Partially agree with this. If there's a phone you want that's available on the carrier you want, and you're in a position to buy/upgrade, then go for it. Phone tech moves fast, its easy to 'always be waiting for the next thing.'

I want a new phone too, but I have 10 months left on my Verizon contract. So I have to bite my tongue for a while longer.

asmallchild

Reaction score
Got my D1 Dec 2009.

Eligible to upgrade Oct 2010 but still not seeing anything that's leaps and bounds above my D1.

Will certainly open my eyes again Dec 2010 but like everyone else, I suspect 1st quarter 2011 is when I'll make my move.

rcjames

Reaction score
I love my droid x, but i have issue of people hearing me clearly, everything else work and i don't want to send it back. It's really up to what you wanna do with the phone. I'm stuck with this because all i do is everything else on my droid x then talk. Lock screen is glitchy, but its a good smartphone, great speed to do remote access to my pc, 3g is alright not the best. Playing music to my surround system kick ass, very crisp sound. Games is cool. I'm a geek so this fit in but someday i have to send it in i think something is up that some people don't hear me clearly. Screen is pretty good kindof small for me but i never had a smart phone like this. I love the speed when i connect my phone to my laptop wireless.

LatinaC09

Reaction score
I personally wouldn't get the Droid 2 unless my Droid 1 broke and they replaced it. From what I can see, they are very similar. Plus my Droid is rooted!!!