nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
Ok it's time to upgrade my phone because my droid 1 is finally crapping out on me.

I need a new Verizon droid.

Which one should I get?

Should I wait for a newer model coming out soon?

What do you guys think?

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I would either get the tbolt or wait. Mostly depends on what you want in a phone and if you do custom roms or not.

Sent from my Liberated D2G

jwalz

Reaction score
I would wait for the bionic..even if u do custom rims it def does not take long for them to come out and many ppl think hat the tbomt will be the shortest lived phone out there

whiddles

Reaction score
bionic is not coming out. im in the same boat as OP. The bionic was scrapped and now the next phone worth waiting for is the moto targa. It will be LTE and dual core now.

my droid 1 stopped working this week on me. the buttons on the bottom quit on me and could not navigate the phone at all.

OP
nonnasmyladie

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
I read that the new droids are gonna have a locked bootloader though is this true? No more rooting?

jwalz

Reaction score
Im unsure u can google it or put a post out or look at Verizon website they mite hav it doubt it but u never know...the question is how long r u willing to wait most ppl aren't.lol

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Only problem with moto phones is how locked they are. They're a nightmare is you want true customization. The Targa looks pretty beast though. I would consider picking it up if they unlocked it and it had a keyboard.

jwalz

Reaction score
Yeah it does..im a touch screen man myself and the x has the HUGE screen....love it

OP
nonnasmyladie

nonnasmyladie

Reaction score
Website
www.leonhascal.com
Current Phone Model
Pixel XL
Twitter
Nonnasmyladie
I don't see anywhere else on the web that the bionic is scrapped.

Also are there any reasons you think the Thunderbolt won't last?

The specs look real good

jwalz

Reaction score
Just goin from wut iv read on the forum from all the techies out there. Put a thread out n im sure u will get alot of hits

whiddles

Reaction score
The phone has been stopped for production according to this;
Motorola kills the DROID BIONIC Etna, with the Targa to replace it - Phone Arena
We've recieved word from the depths of Motorola that the highly anticipated Etna, commonly know as the DROID BIONIC, which was slated to be Motorola's first 4G LTE smartphone for Verizon, has been canceled due to a variety of reasons.

First off, we got a nice hands-on look at the DROID BIONIC earlier this year at CES, as the phone would be the first for Verizon to come with a NVidia Tegra2 dual-core 1GHz processor, 4.3" qHD display, and 4G LTE data capabilities.

Then a few weeks later we got word that both the Atrix and DROID BIONIC were having power management bugs, which would cause them to overheat and effect the RF performance. When the Atrix was released, our sources said the power management bugs were resolved on the Atrix, but was still having difficulty on the DROID BIONIC.

Since then, we've continued to hear that things were not going well for the DROID BIONIC (Etna), as it continually failed internal testing at Motorola . Not only with the power management, but that there are some major issues with trying to get the NVidia Tegra 2 processor to work right with the baseband chips that control the hand-off between the CDMA, EVDO, and LTE radios.

Because of the variety of issues with the DROID BIONIC (Etna), as well as weak sales of the XOOM, we got word from our trusted tipsters that the "administration" at Motorola has decided to pull the plug on the DROID BIONIC (Etna) all together, and they are not happy about it either, since it was shown at the CES and was expected to come out in Q2.

Because of the cancellation of the DROID BIONIC (Etna), Motorola is placing more effort in releasing the DROID X 2 (Daytona) next, followed by the DROID 3 (Solana), even though they will not support 4G LTE.

Motorola is ramping-up its plans for the Targa, which will be the 4G device that takes the place of the Etna. Since it is up to Verizon to "name" the device, there is a chance the Targa might still be called "DROID BIONIC" when it is released, or could end up with a different "DROID" label.

The Motorola Targa will most likely be a Q3 summer device, which is placing it a few months behind what the expected release was for the Etna, but from the people that we've talked to, the Targa a much better device and will be worth the wait. It will feature a dual-core processor, 4.3" qHD display, a 13MP camera on the rear, and a 1.3MP camera on the front.

We will keep you updated when we learn more information, and we'll be waiting to see if Motorola officially announces that the Etna will not be the DROID BIONIC, and what their plans are for the Targa

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
I just can't get used to the touch screen keyboard, even on the X. Its something about having to feel the keys, I know its weird but its how I am.

Yes, the bionic has been scrapped. Id link you to a few places but its a pain to using the DF app.

I think the tbolt will last, it has has great dev support and is unlocked.

jwalz

Reaction score
Well rite tree should tell u to wait.lol...hdmi out...hd screen and the newest and greatest...only 6 months if ur lucky before there outdated y get one that's been out for a while