what phone do should i get. current phone droid 1

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
what phone do should i get. current phone droid1
As with all threads like this: What are you looking for? What's most important to you? It's all about finding what suits you best. Otherwise you'll just get replies from people recommending what they chose (based on their needs/wants) or what they want to get (again, based on their needs/wants).

JohnnyD359

Reaction score
Really? My x is WAY more responsive than my overclocked d1 was.

The speaker COULD be louder, but it's loud enough for me.

Now, when I use my cousin's d1, I find myself squinting and having trouble pressing things on the smaller screen.

I love my dx and wouldn't go back for the world.

Just my opinion.

Emitted from X.[/QUOTE]
when I decided to get the x, I didn't hesitate at buying a phone without a keyboard, since the touch screen on the D1 was great, I never used the slider keyboard.However after getting the x, I now wish I had a keyboard as this keyboard often hides your message and freezes.It also flickers and totally is unresponsive when pulled out of the nav, mount, or dock.so many times I've had to sleep and wake it up to be able too use it. When I wake up and check my email, it needs a minute to do it, its just a slug compared to my d1, until it gets going.I need to reboot it daily, the operating system just seems to be unstable.Add in the navigation cannot find my location about half the time I try to use it, and once I've driven around enough to get a signal, it starts dropping signal in areas my D1 was fine, and the fact that I can't hear the nav system when its in the nav mount, with the volume maxed above 50 mph in my car without straining and turning everything of.I think the x will be a great phone once the bugs are worked out....i hate being the guinee pig for that.

OP
S

slikster9012

Reaction score
nice!! thanks guys for all the help. i decided to just keep the D1 and wait for something else. because there was nothing that the x and 2 really had that got my attention to really make me want it. it seems like everything they have is just slightly better than rooted D1 so hopefully by 1st quarter there is a bigger change!

donerico

Reaction score
nice!! thanks guys for all the help. i decided to just keep the D1 and wait for something else. because there was nothing that the x and 2 really had that got my attention to really make me want it. it seems like everything they have is just slightly better than rooted D1 so hopefully by 1st quarter there is a bigger change!
I feel exactly the same way. I just rooted my D1 and it is like a new phone. I am very satisfied with it and for the first time in my geeky life I am not in a hurry to get the next phone. The current crop (D2, DX, Fascinate) are not a big enough technology jump for me. I think we will see a much bigger difference in a few months (dual core?). My D1 will keep me happy until then. I think that if I were to get a new phone right now I would really be regretting it in a few months.

Reaction score
My D1 was replaced with a D2 when my screen died.

After removing the bloat id def have to say my D2 is faster and ive gotten used to the keyboard and like it much better now (hated it at first as i was so used to the old one).

My one complaint is it does seem that the speaker isnt as loud as it was on my D1