What the HELL is with the dust specks under the glass???

bL33d

Reaction score
I will assume no one actually carries there phone around in there pocket cause that would be sign of retardation. So that is weird where is the dirt coming from?

BTW had a iPhone for over a year no dust specs and my Droid wont either but I don't carry my phone in my pocket like a set of keys either.

Last edited:

BzB

Reaction score
Been carrying my phone in my pocket for 2 months now and no dust under the screen.

This issue can happen and has happened to all kinds of phones. It's not a prevalent issue with the droid despite a few complaints on this forum.

And for those of you obsessed with dust, try turning your pockets inside out and giving them a good shake.

wil318466

Reaction score
Heh. This thread is funny. I just re-examined my phone to make sure I don't have any dust specks, and I don't. I guess it would drive me nuts too.

I carry my phone in my pocket.

:)

-Wil

aarontliu

Reaction score
Well, I'm on my second Droid now, but my first one had this problem. When I went to the Verizon store, the person helping me was actually amazed that there was dust under the screen. Good thing is, I took it back within the first week, so they gladly helped me out and handed me another, brand new Droid.

The worker there said that she had heard of this problem, but that mine was the first one that had occurred from one of the phones they had issued.

So the main point is: Take back your Droid immediately when you notice specks of dust accumulating under the screen. My new Droid is perfectly fine, so I guess it's the luck of the draw when you get a phone. This really is a major problem on the manufacturers part, so it should be fixed on the next version of this phone.

davidtaylorjr

Reaction score
I will assume no one actually carries there phone around in there pocket cause that would be sign of retardation. So that is weird where is the dirt coming from?

BTW had a iPhone for over a year no dust specs and my Droid wont either but I don't carry my phone in my pocket like a set of keys either.

A sign of retardation to carry a phone in your pocket? Don't think so!

immaage

Reaction score
My blackberry storm had this problem and it drove me crazy. I'm happy to say that I haven't had this problem with my droid yet (first and only).

If you see it, you should definitely go back and try to get a replacement.

arty2hottie

Reaction score
hey guys just wondering where the dust was on your screen exactly? Are the dust pieces right around the area where the screen meets the black border of the phone? Kind of right on that line where the lcd part meets the black outline of the phone. Or are they smack in the middle of the screen?

ScoobyDoo27

Reaction score
hey guys just wondering where the dust was on your screen exactly? Are the dust pieces right around the area where the screen meets the black border of the phone? Kind of right on that line where the lcd part meets the black outline of the phone. Or are they smack in the middle of the screen?

All the specks of dust are on the border of the phone...at least for me. I haven't had any problems with the dust getting in the middle of the screen.

SSHGuru

Silver Member
Reaction score
Had it since day one. Always carry it in pockets - no dust at all - just a dent in my speaker grill.

Psychokitty

Reaction score
I have had dust under the touch screen since the second week I had it. I barely found it tolerable as an "OCDer" myself, and almost exchanged it, but I didn't want to start myself on that whole rollercoaster of getting phones with other problems. I knew once I replaced it I would want to again for a weak headphone jack, or peeling button, etc. I hate the specs under the screen, but I figured as long as it didn't get much worse, I would try to live with it. For me, it really isn't easy.

It seems to me there are three types of people answering this thread, and two of those types should really just piss off. The one type is simply curious or concerned about a possible defect, and may even be genuinely sympathetic to the fellow Droid owners needs.
The other two types, however, are people who don't give a crap about their phones and handle them like yo-yos, and the little kiddies who can easily afford the latest phone that comes out 'cause they still live with their mommies.

Well stuff it in yer asses, people. The concern is ****ing legit. I don't care if I get a warning at this point. There's just no reason for these morons to be jumping the OP on this. NONE!

Slothead

Reaction score
I've got light-colored particles ( = stand out) in the gap between the glass (or whatever it is) and the frame. Is that what you are talking about? I can't get them out with anything (knife blade, dental pick, etc.). If that is what you are talking about it IS annoying!

Psychokitty

Reaction score
No, UNDER THE GLASS, people. One centimeter in from the edge, UNDER THE GLASS.
Sorry, Slothead, my frustration is not meant for you specifically. I just don't get what's so hard to understand about this. Just because most of posters here are not experiencing this does not mean it is not happening.

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Dust under the screen is a legitimate reason to get a replacement. If you have this problem call customer service. They will replace it. Do not take it to a Verizon store. Sometimes stores will not replace but customer service will.