Want to prevent any more dust under screen. What case?

anjoga

Reaction score
What case would you recommend to prevent getting dust under the screen? I have two dust specks so far (I know, I'm OCD ;)) and am wondering if I should be using a sleeve or case or something? For the last two weeks I've kept my Droid naked, but from a recommendation on this forum, I picked up this G1 case and started using it yesterday:

NEW OEM T-Mobile HTC G1 Google Phone Pocket Case Pouch - eBay (item 120524915681 end time Mar-02-10 02:11:55 PST)

Now, I don't know whether this is coincidence or not, but I only noticed these dust specks today, and am not sure if it has anything to do with this G1 case or not. The G1 case has a light gray interior, and it seems possible that it could have caused a little white/gray speck to get under the glass. Thoughts?

If you think I should use a sleeve/case to keep out dust, would you recommend either of these two over the G1 case ($4) I posted above?

Waterfield Suede Jacket ($11): Droid Suede Jacket - Droid Sleeve - Droid Case - Milestone Sleeve - Milestone Case - Slim Droid Case - Droid Pouch - Droid Soft Case - Ultrasuede - WaterField Designs Droid Suede Jacket

or

Sena Ultra Slim ($30): Sena Cases - Designer Leather Cases : Motorola-Droid -UltraSlim

MK17

Reaction score
Not sure how dust gets under the screen though I'm sure its possible. Only way I could see is around the edges. If you're that paranoid I think that some very thin glue around the edges would seal the best/ be the only real way to seal.

Though I will have to say, when I start going to the beach again I will buy the aquapac or something similar so that I will not get sand under the slider. Best way to kill a phone. I know a ziploc would probably do the job but might as well go all out waterproof

MK17

Reaction score
By the way, nice find on the suede jacket, that was exactly what I was looking for before I got my Ipod touch arm band and made the droid fit

jsh1120

Silver Member
Reaction score
Apologies for this repetitious post re: the Waterfield "suede jacket," but it might help someone who is considering it.

Waterfield makes great products. I have one of their laptop cases that I've used and abused for four years and it looks as new as the day I bought it. Their stuff is usually a bit on the pricey side but they do all their work in-house and stand behind their products.

Having said that, don't even try to use the standard suede jacket if you have any kind of a case on your Droid. Although the case stretches slightly over time, it simply will not stretch enough to make access to the phone anything but a major PITA.

However, Waterfield will make a custom suede jacket for you if you send them the dimensions you need. I haven't done this simply because I found another solution to my needs, but the folks at Waterfield are great to deal with. And if you tell them to make a case a couple of millimeters larger all around, it should fit a droid with a plastic VZW case or a Seidio innocase.