What kind of realistic battery life are you guys getting?

antoniotaj

Reaction score
I keep my brightness at 40% and have my 3g turned on and i play games watch netflix and get a full day out of it

Steve H

Reaction score
I'm at 25 hours on my first charge, normal usage - calls, text, a lot of GPS, a few pics, etc. Battery shows 50%

pgreeny

Reaction score
I'm. At 70% on my first full day of use after 12 hours with light usage, a few calls and texts, checking FB, words with friends and light browsing about 2 hours screen on time . 4G on the whole time. No smart actions enabled. Wifi and GPS on.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Coming off of the almost 62 hours on one charge I had the other day, yesterday I used it all day and was only down to 80%. Today I unplugged at 6:30am and it now being 6:08pm that is almost 12 hours and I am down to 60%. BUT that is with 3 1/2 straight hours of streaming Pandora over 4G while outputting the sound on my newly acquired Android Bluetooth sound dude (Big thanks goes to Droidforums.net) I think that is pretty darn good.

Ahom314

Reaction score
4G and BT on all day, EE fetching every 15 mins, couple dozen phone calls, texts, couple hours streaming music while driving, hour of forums, and I'm at around 50% when I go to bed 17 hours later. Only SA set is to open Winamp when I get in my truck.

From RAZR MAXX

How much screen time or active time are you actually using though??

TatDroid

Reaction score
How much screen time or active time are you actually using though??

Yep, to me that's by far the most important statistic. Total "up" time, screen time, and battery left. Those three tell you most of the story. If you're getting 6 - 8+ hours of screen time on a charge you're doing pretty well.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using DroidForums

pgreeny

Reaction score
UPDATE ...On my first full charge and currently at 1day 14 hours on first charge 25% left. Screen on time is almost 4 hours moderate to light use. Not set up to conserve battery euther Should get better so needless to say pretty happy.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX

Last edited:

Ahom314

Reaction score
18 Hours and 2 Hours 30 minutes was screen time. Battery at 25%. 3G ONLY on for about the same amount of time as screen. ( I only turn it on when I use it ). No apps running, No GPS, background data, All syncing is set to manual.

Get a new battery?? I think so !

steeveegee

Reaction score
typically I'm getting about 30 hours and i use my phone alot
without going into details compared to my other phones with the same usage
droid x 16 hours average
htc evo 8 hours avg

Ahom314

Reaction score
This is weird, but I actually feel as if my battery is getting better? It use to only last 15 hours and now it lasts about 20+ with the same usage... is this normal? Also I went to the Verizon Store and these two ladies were being really rude Country Songs. They kept telling me "I AM A PROFESSIONAL THERE IS NO WAY THAT THE MAXX OR ANY PHONE FOR THAT MATTER LASTS TWO DAYS EVEN WITHOUT USE, GET THAT THROUGH YOUR HEAD"......... seriously??? My brother has a MAXX and on Badass Battery APP it shows he's getting 2 Days 15 hours with 16 hours of awake time. I'm only getting HALF. He keeps 4g and gps on and everything and said to me "what's smart actions"...

-.-

lowfatdog

Reaction score
I can go three days with little usage. I normally get 2 days between charges. 4G always on, no smart actions but I have my screen brightness turned down. I don't use my phone nearly as much as most of you guys. I am lucky to use 1 gb of data a month, however, when I am at home I do use wifi instead.

rockdocaxnjxn

Reaction score
Had my Maxx since they were first released. I use Smart Actions, as well as Juice Defender (set to basic settings). I use my Maxx moderately each day (g-mail, Web surfing, you tube streaming, Facebook, google searches), pretty much as much as I want without worrying. At the end of each day, I've always got more than 50% charge remaining. I agree that the battery seems to get better and last longer with repeated charge cycles. In the beginning, I tried to see how long the battery would go, and got two full days plus until 6 PM the third day before it but the dust.

Generally speaking, this seems to mirror what I read as typical experiences in these forums. I am very pleased with the battery performance on thur Razr Maxx. It is definitely the best phone I've had or seen anywhere.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using DroidForums