What kind of realistic battery life are you guys getting?

ekang5005

Reaction score
My first post on this forum dancedroid

Ive had my Razr Maxx for about a week and I'm not sure if the battery life is all that it's hyped up to be.
Granted this is my 4G phone and I don't have a baseline to compare it to other 4G phones, but it seems like I can get about 8-9 hours of intense use, with the screen on almost the entire time.

And about 4 hours of Netflix on 4G. The 4g must consume lots of power.

When I don't use the phone much on weekends, lasting 24 hours and more on 4g is not a problem. But the phone is in standby mode most of the time.

So in a nutshell, I think the Maxx definitely can last you at least 8-12 hours of hard core use during the workday, which should be enough for most people.

Other phones, such as the Droid 4 and Galaxy Nexus can't last this long?

What kind of battery life are you guys getting?

DocsDad

Reaction score

Ive had my Razr Maxx for about a week and I'm not sure if the battery life is all that it's hyped up to be.
Granted this is my 4G phone and I don't have a baseline to compare it to other 4G phones, but it seems like I can get about 8-9 hours of intense use, with the screen on almost the entire time.

And about 4 hours of Netflix on 4G. The 4g must consume lots of power.

When I don't use the phone much on weekends, lasting 24 hours and more on 4g is not a problem. But the phone is in standby mode most of the time.

So in a nutshell, I think the Maxx definitely can last you at least 8-12 hours of hard core use during the workday, which should be enough for most people.

Other phones, such as the Droid 4 and Galaxy Nexus can't last this long?

Yep 4G is a drain. BUT, 8-9 hours of display on? 4 hours of Netflix? Rock on :icon_ lala:

You can easily power through 12-18 hours of heavy use... and a couple days of modest use.

I charge daily (about 15 hours between). I am rarely below 50% battery when I charge and use my MAXX pretty heavy. Its a beast.

weatherlover1

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
I think your getting really good battery life with that much use. I don't have 4G where I live yet but the battery life with 3G is awesome! I am a light user and I charge the phone every night but I am sure I could easily get two days of use out of this beast.

Also welcome to the forums! :biggrin:

O and I had the Droid Charge for two weeks prior to getting this phone again using 3G and the battery life was horrible I had to charge it at least once a day besides the nightly charge.

skipbl92

Reaction score
I received my phone on 3/2. Until 4 days ago I was getting 46-47 hours. Then 4 days ago my battery has ranged from 20 hours to 26 hours.

Mike8016

Reaction score
I received my phone on 3/2. Until 4 days ago I was getting 46-47 hours. Then 4 days ago my battery has ranged from 20 hours to 26 hours.

I barley make it a full day with my Bionic and I have the extended battery. Idk how some people are able to go a day and a half. I have only been able to do that once

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

DocsDad

Reaction score
Update on today... after 10 hours I plugged in at 51% remaining. 4G and pretty moderate to heavy use (web and words with friends)

Moose381

Reaction score
Right now I'm at 36 hours...with light/moderate use....and still have 48%...this phone rocks....except for the email. Dang, it's nothing but trouble for me.

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
I got my Maxx in yesterday coming from the OG Razr which I thought still had pretty good battery life. I am 1 day 4 hours 36 minutes and I am at 40%, granted I don't know where on the scale of 40 that is. That is with the screen being on for 5 hours of the total life, and of course spending a good amount of time yesterday re-downloading and setting up 50 or so apps.

I also use one Gmail account and two enterprise accounts with Touchdown, plus the usual text messages and a couple phone calls. Also playing ALOT of Draw Something (that game is awesome if you have not played it). So I am very pleased with the battery life of this phone so far and I hope for it to only get better over time. Just need to get a new alarm clock so I can keep my phone off while charging at night to extend my battery life. Thank you FoxKat for the battery saving tips :)

Andielyn

Reaction score

I've had mine almost 3 weeks now and I'm getting good battery life but don't think I could get the kind of battery life Moto promises, 10 hours straight streaming video or 2 days rocking out to tunes. Forget the 21 hour conference call cuz my boss could never talk me in to that one :cool:

I have light to moderate use, stock, no 4g on and at about 40-50% by bedtime. Not complaining! because that's much better than other phones get.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Sandlotje

Reaction score
At the end of the day I usually have 50-60% left. FWIW, I'm mostly on 3G (because I tend to be just out of range in terms of school and home) and DO NOT have smart actions set up.

William_04_x

Reaction score
4G and BT on all day, EE fetching every 15 mins, couple dozen phone calls, texts, couple hours streaming music while driving, hour of forums, and I'm at around 50% when I go to bed 17 hours later. Only SA set is to open Winamp when I get in my truck.

From RAZR MAXX

Ahom314

Reaction score
4G and BT on all day, EE fetching every 15 mins, couple dozen phone calls, texts, couple hours streaming music while driving, hour of forums, and I'm at around 50% when I go to bed 17 hours later. Only SA set is to open Winamp when I get in my truck.

From RAZR MAXX

lucky =[ I'm returning my Maxx for another one at the end of the week if there are no solutions to my problem =[

thaDroidz

Silver Member
Reaction score
12-24 normal heavy day
24+ taking it easy
Typically i end up with 6hrs display
----posted maxx'ed out----