What is wrong with my droid?

solohikr

Reaction score
Droid X, Gingerbread 2.3.3 OTA update when it first was available.
In the begining all was good. Here lately I lose my 3G symbol at least once a day. When this happens I get no phone calls or txt or updates. Friends say " tried to call went straight to Vmail".
Now my phone randomly turns itself off and reboots and comes back on. Any one else have these problems?

clayrebel

Reaction score
Same here. My phone just randomly rebooted 5 minutes ago.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums

spillner

Reaction score
Try a factory reset, their may have been a problem with the OTA when you guys got it. Also, manually install your apps.

Hiker5208

Reaction score
The newest update for the Droid X resolves these issues.

Menu Button->Settings->About Phone->System Updates

Yeah, right... I just had the 6th random reboot in two days since I took the new update. I just had the phone replaced for other issues including battery life being down to about 6 hours. About to call Verizon again here in a minute. I was looking to see if others were having these reboots after the update.

Reaction score
Yeah, right... I just had the 6th random reboot in two days since I took the new update. I just had the phone replaced for other issues including battery life being down to about 6 hours. About to call Verizon again here in a minute. I was looking to see if others were having these reboots after the update.

Have you tried a Data Wipe/Factory Reset?