Droid X 2.2.1 - NEVER connects to 3G

Neufusion

Reaction score
I have a Droid X that had been running fine on the 2.2 OTA leak (non-rooted update.zip) for a long time. (big mistake - I thought it was an official update that I was getting early, which turned out not to be the case. I'll be waiting for official OTA updates from now on)

I realized last week that I was missing subsequent OTA updates due to running the OTA leak update.

I followed a tutorial to flash my phone back to an official 2.1 non-rooted version. The phone restarted and automatically updated to 2.2.1. Here's where the issues begin -
At first, my incoming text messaging was broken. I could send TXTs but not recieve them. This was fixed with a call to verizon tech support and a hard factory reset.
Then I noticed a week ago that my phone NEVER connects to 3G now. I've factory reset a few times, removed battery, toggled airplane mode, tried installing a 3G toggle app, etc. I can NEVER get the 3G symbol to come up. I've tried activating from different geographical locations with full strength signals, *228 2, *228 1, etc, etc. Even when the phone boots up from a fresh factory reset, it can't connect to the Verizon app or any data app.

I've talked with Verizon tech support who seems to only ever have the recommendation of hard factory reset. I think we are at the point now where I can call and get a replacement phone, but I wanted to see if you guys had any ideas before I trade my NEW condition Droid X in for a shabby manufacturer refurb.

Thanks.

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Same issue here a month after I got my phone. Just replaced it. You could try to SBF the 2.2.1 and start fresh. If you're on the 30.04 bootloader SBF to 2.3.320 and then use the patches to get to 2.3.340

VIP3R

Reaction score
im having the same issue, i just bought the x a week ago and the 3g came on like 2 days ago for a cple hrs then turned right off. havent seen it since......i havent updated or did anything to the phone its all factory set....help would be GREAT